• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keys to on and what should be powered

Xboatpilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Novice boater and new owner of a 212X. After purchasing I had a 100 hour performed as it was right at needing it and I wanted to start fresh. While in the shop I went ahead and had them install a second battery. Got it back today and starting to get accustomed to everything. With battery switch on all the switches/lights are powered. I was assuming if I went to On with the keys that their respective instrumentation would turn on to see fuel quantity and voltage ect. They stayed blank. Once I start the engines they start working and show all the information on them. Is this normal? Can you not check battery and fuel quantity before starting engines? Seems like a basic task to be able to do.
Thanks
Charles

Last edited:
That is how the gauges work I find it annoying too. I bump to start to activate the gauges without starting the engine to power them for a few minutes.

That is how the gauges work I find it annoying too. I bump to start to activate the gauges without starting the engine to power them for a few minutes.

Great thanks! Glad to know all is working like it should.

Back