• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kicker KMC5 screen won't turn on

Moidart

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
215 G
Boat Length
Hi - I have a Kicker KMC5 stereo in my boat. It was working fine for quite some time. Now the screen won't turn on. The unit has power as the buttons light up and the buttons also function (e.g. I can't turn the unit on and off) but the screen won't turn on.

It's also worth noting that the stereo made a very loud sound a little bit before this happened. I turned the unit off and then back on when it made the loud sound and it worked just fine after that. About 15 minutes later it stopped working with the experience I described above.

I'd very much appreciate any advice or troubleshooting steps you can recommend.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Use a DMM and make sure you have 12v across power and ground wires. If so - then your prob SOL. Give Kicker tech support a call.

Use a DMM and make sure you have 12v across power and ground wires. If so - then your prob SOL. Give Kicker tech support a call.
Thanks so much! I validated that I do have just a bit over 12V so looks like it's the unit itself. I'll reach out to Kicker.

Back