• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kicker LED speakers and subwoofer modifications - 100% complete now!

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Ok - here I'm run down. Last year when my boat was new, I added Kicker cans and tower speakers and 2 10" subs. All LED enhanced. My plan was too see if I liked the product and sound. I must admit, I was 100-% satisfied. In fact I was impressed. So I knew my replacing all the Polk speakers was next on my list.

This brings me present. So last weekend I get 3 sets of kickers LED speakers in to replace my polk's. I was disappointed to learn that one of my sub and the 2 tower speakers LED we not working properly. Well that lead me now a path to trouble shoot the problem and a long story short had me get 2 tower speakers and a sub replaced under warranty. I am now less stratified with the product due to this and I hope it was just a fluke.

Now the project is done and I am finished my stereo modification job.... Please not my signature list all the components of my system with the apporate links. Fell free to,ask any question you have after review my photos.

Can't wait to get to Florida for some harbor night riding .. Trip to LuLus in Destin is a nice night out !

Swim platform is one sweet spot to listen to some tunes :winkingthumbsup"

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
looks great....love the rgb light up speakers, amp install looks nice too! good job. happy boating

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Um, hey, there was some guy photobombing you on your last picture. Just letting you know.

:)

Nice work.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I’ve learned that the LED issues was not a one off issue. As this spring all the LED are out in all my speakers and I am totally scraping my approach to my Kicker speakers. Kicker has no support to my issues. The boat is garage kept and covered so it’s not a weather or exposure problem. I have replaced the subs with 10 JL subs with LED blue lights. Already done and a real difference in sound and quality of sound - I was fooled to think Kicker was as good. So now am on a new path, as I will replace tower speakers with 7.7 JL tower speakers and the swim platform will be 6.5 JL . This will leave me only 2 more pairs to replace later on. I am also avoiding LED lights and will only have them in the subs, I don’t want the hassle that these lights gave me with Kicker.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am glad I ended up going with the JL speakers.