• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kidde smoke detector recall

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Man, Kidde is having a bad year.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Back in January, I correctly reported 4 of my fire extinguishers as defective through their website, including 1 for my boat. After 4 weeks, they sent me only 2 replacements. A couple weeks went by without receiving the other 2 they owe me, so I called and they said they'd likely be shipped soon. I literally am on the phone now (Thursday 3/22/18) waiting to talk to their representative about the remaining 2 they owe me.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I reported 2, they sent me two larger house-sized ones instead of the small marine ones I had. I ended up just buying two new ones for the boat, and installed the replacements around the house - one in the garage and the other out under the grill.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@seanmclean Did you find new (same small size) extinguishers that fit in the storage area? I have the 2 oversize replacements but I don't feel like installing if there is something available to fit as designed.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@seanmclean Did you find new (same small size) extinguishers that fit in the storage area? I have the 2 oversize replacements but I don't feel like installing if there is something available to fit as designed.
I went with a pair of these. They had the smaller ones too, but since I didn't have anything permanently mounted yet, went with this size.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I checked a few manufacturers and none offer the small (original) size to fit the factory storage tube in my boat or molded under seat pocket on my jet ski. :mad:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
They are deal of the day at home depot today only.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had one in my camper and one in the boat and Kidde replaced them both. Easy to do online.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I checked a few manufacturers and none offer the small (original) size to fit the factory storage tube in my boat or molded under seat pocket on my jet ski. :mad:
Give me the dimensions and I can cross reference for you.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash Thanks! The fire extinguisher that fits in the Yamaha supplied storage tube (and tons of molded jet ski compartments) is 2.9" in diameter and 12.5" long overall. The nozzle does not protrude beyond the dimensions of that cylinder. I think the replacements sent for the recall where shorter, fatter, and the (metal instead of plastic) nozzle extended much further.