• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kid's first accident

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian I suggested a small SUV for her, possibly used or lease. I was told that is not an option...... :(

jmargo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The boy had the back end come out on a wet on-ramp coming home from work a while back. Being a new driver he just drove into the ditch without any attempt to counter-steer. Luckily it was soft and muddy. After we got it pulled out I pushed out the major dents and got a new windshield and that is what he drove around until he saved enough to buy something else. Lesson learned and nobody was hurt.04D591CC-87CB-45AB-AC1C-0CA257D79869.jpeg837C35DF-FA7B-4D0E-9C4C-610C864005EC.jpeg

Last edited:

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry to hear about accident but glad she is OK. I completely understand about blended families and all the complications (lived and living that!). Anything can be fixed but I suspect there is more damage then meets the eye. Perhaps you can approach this by suggesting a newer SUV with more safety items and better visibility will make her safer.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wonder if active safety gear on newer cars would have prevented this.
Not sure any of them are this advanced in the forward direction at least. My wife's new car will make it a challenge to rear end someone, and will alert you if there is cross-traffic in reverse, but nothing that would stop an accident like this (maybe on the other car).

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Not sure any of them are this advanced in the forward direction at least. My wife's new car will make it a challenge to rear end someone, and will alert you if there is cross-traffic in reverse, but nothing that would stop an accident like this (maybe on the other car).
I don't know enough about that subject. I would think cameras would fail in this instance but LIDAR may have recognized the vehicle.