• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kids started wakeboarding, without going to a dedicated boat, AR195 or AR210 for better wake?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jetboatdave

1) Cavitation - I don't know the answer, it seems that it has been reported in hard turns in single engines more often during pulling loaded up tubes, but they would have to chime in.
2) I like the cushion of the bungee a bit on towing tubes only. Plus I wanted 5 more feet and I couldn't find a 5' 4k rope. Make sure your rope strength is for the proper use. I just 4k's for all our tubes. The tower can be a hot debate topic. I have no issues towing from it as well as other member here have no issues. I tow from it exclusively. Then you have the other side where they have damaged their boat, I believe the older models and tower and others who don't do it. It is one of those things. Search through all the threads here and you will have to decide for yourself.

Also from what I understand by the threads here, you won't have any issues pulling from the Ar195, but you need to Search through a lot of threads and research. All the information is here in these forums that you need. I scanned the forums from quite some time before I came to my decisions.

Finally, everyone's use case will be different and will have a different scenario. What is good for one person, may not be for another. That is why you get my view, and someone else's and then another.

Please search through here and read everything you can so you hopefully make an informed decision. Buy your second boat first and you won't look back. The market is great right now for selling used boats and possibly upgraded which is fortunate for a lot of people. BUT.... The day is coming when that won't be the case and I am sure it will sting if you purchase a boat that is not exactly what you want and in a year or two can't get out from under it, maybe longer, or have to take a good beating on the price.

Jetboatdave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Jetboatdave

1) Cavitation - I don't know the answer, it seems that it has been reported in hard turns in single engines more often during pulling loaded up tubes, but they would have to chime in.
2) I like the cushion of the bungee a bit on towing tubes only. Plus I wanted 5 more feet and I couldn't find a 5' 4k rope. Make sure your rope strength is for the proper use. I just 4k's for all our tubes. The tower can be a hot debate topic. I have no issues towing from it as well as other member here have no issues. I tow from it exclusively. Then you have the other side where they have damaged their boat, I believe the older models and tower and others who don't do it. It is one of those things. Search through all the threads here and you will have to decide for yourself.

Also from what I understand by the threads here, you won't have any issues pulling from the Ar195, but you need to Search through a lot of threads and research. All the information is here in these forums that you need. I scanned the forums from quite some time before I came to my decisions.

Finally, everyone's use case will be different and will have a different scenario. What is good for one person, may not be for another. That is why you get my view, and someone else's and then another.

Please search through here and read everything you can so you hopefully make an informed decision. Buy your second boat first and you won't look back. The market is great right now for selling used boats and possibly upgraded which is fortunate for a lot of people. BUT.... The day is coming when that won't be the case and I am sure it will sting if you purchase a boat that is not exactly what you want and in a year or two can't get out from under it, maybe longer, or have to take a good beating on the price.
All great points. Thank you.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think that my tube towing rope is 60'. I don't use an extension or bungee. For what that is worth...

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Have you ever had any issue pulling with your Ar195. That was the direction I was going until @HangOutdoors mentioned better low end with the twins in the ar210.
The AR195 will give you no issues pulling anything, it is a very powerful boat since it is so light. I have pulled 3 adults on a 3 person tube and it did just fine, as I expected it to. With the CJS I had no problems in the turns either. It is an awesome machine for sure for the price. And welcome from another Indiana native

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think that my tube towing rope is 60'. I don't use an extension or bungee. For what that is worth...
Needed to get just a bit longer in my case since they were complaining of getting hit in the face a bit. When I lengthened it was fine. Also since I tow from the tower the distance is shorter as well by about 6'.