• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Krypt Tower Racks

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone have any Krypt Tower Racks?

If so, do you like them?

I am looking at some on Ebay...double wake and double surf.

Just curious about the quality as I had read on another site about some pitting. I boat in fresh water but store the boat outside. I plan to get the quick release or modify the rack so it is a quick release, so only the clamp would remain on the boat in weather.

Thanks

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the quick release and I like them !!! Had them for two seasons and still like them

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
i have the quick release wake rack and the double surf rack from them my only compaint is the bungee on the surf rack is really long with only 1 board in it but we have found ways around it, cant beat them for the money I also have their tower mounted mirror that we like a lot

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cool, thanks guys! I think I am going to get the double wake quick release for now. They told me the measurement between the fingers is 1 1/2". I had rough measured my LF Fish and it was right around 1 1/2" but will need to take a better measurement tonight. I am hoping it will fit.

@dustinjean Is the tower mirror a quick release? I don't recall seeing a quick release version.

Thanks

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
no the tower mirror is solid but i ordered it straight from bullet/krypt and bought a $10 neoprene mirror cover from them for all the bugs to hit while towing. my surf rack is a solid mount and i honestly wish i would have went solid with the wakeboard rack as well as it does have a bit of play that i don't like. my next boat will have nicer swivel racks though but for the money i can not complain about my krypt stuff

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
no the tower mirror is solid but i ordered it straight from bullet/krypt and bought a $10 neoprene mirror cover from them for all the bugs to hit while towing. my surf rack is a solid mount and i honestly wish i would have went solid with the wakeboard rack as well as it does have a bit of play that i don't like. my next boat will have nicer swivel racks though but for the money i can not complain about my krypt stuff
Do you store your boat outdoors? I do so my concern is theft so I was leaning towards the quick release. I also was wondering how difficult it would be to convert a solid mount to a quick release. So sounds like you got the quick release wake rack and it does not stay tight? It might be easy enough to just unscrew 4 screws before I take back to storage, but just 1 more thing to do.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
yes but im not in a neighborhood and im hidden by trees, its not worth the time imo to convert a solid mount to removable. the rack stays tight but the way it keys in it just has a bit of play but we have had 2 boards on it all summer and no issues other than i hear it creak sometimes but so does the tower and I watch it shake at times, i need to machine a bigger pin so it will be a tight fit for next season though to make me like the removable aspect otherwise i might sell it and just buy a solid mount one

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotcha. As long as it holds firm...that's really what I am most concerned with. And yes for these prices, its probably not worth trying to convert a solid mount. I will probably go with the quick release as long as the measurements on my surfboard check out. Maybe next year I will add a 2nd if this one works out.

Thanks for the feedback.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
i have a lf fish also and it wont fit in the wakeboard rack as the traction pad makes it more then 1 1/2" but has some room to spare in the surf rack

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh dang...you've been right on it all day. Looks like I need to follow suit and get both like you did if I want to go that route. But I am not paying >$300 for the quick release dual surfboard. So maybe I will get 2 solid mounts to match. I like the dual wake + surf but they only have the quick release and that's >$300. Need to rethink it again and look some more. No rush as I have all winter.

Again, thanks. You have been very helpful!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Another vote for yes. I have the double surf and a wake/knee board combo. Both work great and get the job done.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does the swivel ($150) option include the swivel that allows you to rotate the rack into the boat 180 degrees or does it come with the one that only does 90 degrees? I have a narrow lift and I need to spin all the way into the boat or it will not fit.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I noticed they have a rack that's generic and one specifically made for Yamaha. Which one did you guys purchase? The yamaha version is a little more expensive. Just wondering if there is really a difference between the two.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just have the generic model with the 1-7/8" clamp and I added the swivel so I can pull into my covered lift without having to take the whole thing down.