• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kyma K7 Wakeboard Boat (jet drive) Video

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looks like a Malibu, but with a jet drive... hmm

Edit - 1/2 way through this video and I'm IMPRESSED. It's like every feature I love about my Yamaha with every feature I love about a v-drive. Plus Seakeeper?! 3k pounds of ballast?! WTF

Last edited:

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
From what I've seen the wave still isn't great for the price point. However, I agree with your assessment. I bet used they'll be had stupid cheap in a few years. $150-170k gets you some really really nice v drive boats that will crush that wave. It needs an additional 500-1k lbs to really see what that wave can do. It's obviously way better than the Yamaha, but still not quite as good as the cheap entry level v drive wake boats.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The engineering and the design are great. They seemed to borrow a lot from Yamaha in terms of layout with the bow seating, and the passenger captain's chair setup is just like my AR240 had. I watched the video and commented some thoughts on it a couple weeks ago and the founder of Kyma (Edward Malle actually replied. It's cool to see he's listening in and engaging with consumers. The notes I had were 1) the bimini is quite small 2) the interior upholstery might be quality materials, but it's very basic monotone 3) needs 14-1500lbs more ballast to be able to match the wave size of other wakeboats in the same price point.

I think it's a great first showing. The struggle I think they're running up against is, at the same price point, I can pretty much design a custom boat in a proven platform. It'll take time and investment before they have any economy of scale that will allow them to have the same amount of offerings and be profitable. They're relying on the uniqueness of the thing to make sales... it is unique!

No doubt the jet is fun to drive. The owner commented that the boat had a top speed of 45-47mph, which out performs most any v-drive wake boat. The wave appears truly surfable, without requiring any creative editing. The Sea Keeper is a positive for ride quality and could prove to be cool for wake shaping. Right now however, I'd be shocked if it provided a much adjustability as other well equipped entry level wakeboats.

We should see more reviews conning. Edward said Boating Mag should be releasing their data any time now. I'll intrigued and I'll be watching.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The engineering and the design are great. They seemed to borrow a lot from Yamaha in terms of layout with the bow seating, and the passenger captain's chair setup is just like my AR240 had. I watched the video and commented some thoughts on it a couple weeks ago and the founder of Kyma (Edward Malle actually replied. It's cool to see he's listening in and engaging with consumers. The notes I had were 1) the bimini is quite small 2) the interior upholstery might be quality materials, but it's very basic monotone 3) needs 14-1500lbs more ballast to be able to match the wave size of other wakeboats in the same price point.

I think it's a great first showing. The struggle I think they're running up against is, at the same price point, I can pretty much design a custom boat in a proven platform. It'll take time and investment before they have any economy of scale that will allow them to have the same amount of offerings and be profitable. They're relying on the uniqueness of the thing to make sales... it is unique!

No doubt the jet is fun to drive. The owner commented that the boat had a top speed of 45-47mph, which out performs most any v-drive wake boat. The wave appears truly surfable, without requiring any creative editing. The Sea Keeper is a positive for ride quality and could prove to be cool for wake shaping. Right now however, I'd be shocked if it provided a much adjustability as other well equipped entry level wakeboats.

We should see more reviews conning. Edward said Boating Mag should be releasing their data any time now. I'll intrigued and I'll be watching.
I would say yes, for the price point, you're looking at a proper vdrive - BUT, not everyone that wants a great wave can boat on water that's consistently deep. Enter the jet advantage for us river rats that need to get through some shallows to find the deeps. Since getting into watersports, my wife and I constantly (like monthly) go back and forth between a proper vdrive for sports and keep the jet because we're in 4-5' feet of water regularly. I made my family watch this video last night because I was so excited for something new and came up with the following pro/cons:

Pro's:
- 23' foot size is the unicorn size, in my opinion, for a great wake boat
- 15" draft? That's less than Yamaha and really amazing for 5k dry weight boat
- True neutral?! I want more info on this for sure
- Surf pipe on a jet boat!
- Power tower with articulating bimini - very much like a Supra or Nautique - and if you can drive the boat with it down, is great for escaping bad weather.
- Jet boat maneuverability in a surf-style boat without having thrusters/additional batteries
- 3k lbs of stock ballast is very nice - I'd imagine another 500lbs of lead would really wake up the wakeboard wave.
- Downward facing jet thrust to improve surf wave.
- Seakeeper system for wave transformation is really interesting, that's like a 2x usage of that product.
- Many options that Yamaha won't install come standard (surf pockets, phender pro, vdrive-class sound system)
- "Tubing setting" is funny to me - I would've named those something different like "kids, "teenagers," and "revenge"
- Multiple surf tow points on the tower
- Wet storage in the back
- Power shutoff behind the rear seat
- Hinged seats when accessing storage - unreal how many 100k "economy class" wakeboard boats have seats that aren't secured.
- Trash located under the step to reduce traffic
- High windows for wind protection, but cutout like a vdrive for communication
- Access to the jet pump through a swim platform
- SWIM PLATFORM on a jet boat - for watersports you cannot beat an actual swim platform
- Review eluded to that the boat is much quieter than "other jet boats," probably due to the surf pipe and V8.

Cons:
- Pump has direct access, but looks like the cover is bolted in (good for sealing) but I thought about those nuts going right into the water during an attempted cleanout.
- The outside-the-tub cupholders were weird to me. I get it that they're also rod holders, but that went a bit too far IMHO to make a do-everything boat. I'm not bringing the kids out for a day of bleeding fish on my wakeboard boat - I'll buy a cheap aluminum for that.
- 12 person capacity - ouch... on a 23' vdrive a 23' boat is 15-17 people. That's only two more than my 21' Yamaha
- You're back to winterizing this boat like a vdrive vs. the jet-ski motors we're used to.
- I'm back and forth on the co-pilot chair - my wife really likes ours, but to me it's wasted space. That said, the bench-only option in wakeboard boats creates a rear facing option only... I think Tige has done it best recently with their newest boat where there's a bench and a co-pilot helm, and the seat rocks between a double bow-facing seat, or a rear facing seat for water sports, with just a simple movement.
- Coming from a Yamaha and going to a single-engine boat, you would lose that confidence that if you had a bad pump jam, you could still limp back to the dock.
- Direct-to-consumer sales model... hmm, not liking that for service issues in the future.

Questions:
- Tell us more about pulling the pump?
- Tell us more about who makes this pump, their history, and advantages to this particular pump manufacturer?
- Tell us more about the impeller, the blades, the intake, the pitch?
- Tell us more about the steering - jet only? is there a rudder?
- Tell us more about how the waves are shaped for surfing - can you use SK for switching rider sides quickly?
- Tell us more about the motor - closed or open loop cooling?
- What exactly does the sound system consist of, amps and speaker size?
- Battery(s) and onboard charging setup?
- Tell us more about the ballast system - looks like a bag system, but how many pumps, how quick do they fill, and is the fill software timer based or actual (probably the former with a bag system).
- If true neutral is a "transmission" style system, what's maintenance like on that? Fluid to change and winterize?
- Tell us how you achieve the RPMs needed for a jet pump with a V8 that's lower RPM - has to be a transmission??
- Trailer in the video look branded to the boat, but who actually makes it, and is it better than the cheapy ones that come with Yamahas?
- Any LED lighting on speakers, cup holders, etc.?
- What is the height of the bimini in the tower-down position?
- Tell us more about the warranty offered on boat and motor? How does warranty work with a DTC model?
- If the jet thrust is downward facing, could this be made into a "trim" for the jet at all?
- Is the boat plug in the middle like a vdrive or at the stern like a jet boat?

Honestly, this boat really screams "built by people that understand both vdrive and jet boat advantages and disadvantages, and really really spend a lot of time on the water." I continue to be impressed!

Last edit to this post: The similarities to Yamaha are not a coincidence - appears that the owner of KYMA used to be the Operations Manager at Yamaha in TN. Good for him!

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's a neat concept. At first glance there are some great improvements. @anmut covered a LOT of my questions, mostly around winterization, and motor specs. Was really hoping this was the new 2.3L Ecoboost jet drive that Indmar debuted in a pontoon last year. Not the case, however that could be a plus or minus depending on where you land on the subject of first model years.

Still feels like a LOT of money for a 23ft boat. I know that's the industry norm now, but I don't have to like it. If you're shopping a wake boat, and still need to cross skinny water, this might be a good fit. I think you lose a LOT of the simplicity of the jetdrives with this setup though. Lose some of the noise too.

Interesting to see where this goes.

Finally.....WTF did they pic that garish pink color as a demo boat? Cheese and Rice it's a terrible color!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It's a neat concept. At first glance there are some great improvements. @anmut covered a LOT of my questions, mostly around winterization, and motor specs. Was really hoping this was the new 2.3L Ecoboost jet drive that Indmar debuted in a pontoon last year. Not the case, however that could be a plus or minus depending on where you land on the subject of first model years.

Still feels like a LOT of money for a 23ft boat. I know that's the industry norm now, but I don't have to like it. If you're shopping a wake boat, and still need to cross skinny water, this might be a good fit. I think you lose a LOT of the simplicity of the jetdrives with this setup though. Lose some of the noise too.

Interesting to see where this goes.

Finally.....WTF did they pic that garish pink color as a demo boat? Cheese and Rice it's a terrible color!
Looks like a big flake purple to me - but I'm can be a little colorblind too..

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I find it funny that the video talks about the boat having the raptor 440, and but the video clearly shows that its the 575. I actually saw this boat mentioned on another forum back in the beginning of april and was wondering when it would show up here.

If you pause the video at the 18:12 mark, you can see that the bolts for the clean out are wing nuts, and looks like there is a pin through the bolts where they meet the jet drive. Assuming you loosen the wing nuts, and the bolts just fall to the sides for the cover to be removed, to help you from losing the bolts and being SOL.
1715278864687.png

I feel the glove box design is off on the driver console. Why would you want screens with informatin that the driver would like to have access to in a glove box.

1715279019869.png.

Hopefully they have enough success to design another model with out those odd choices.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I find it funny that the video talks about the boat having the raptor 440, and but the video clearly shows that its the 575. I actually saw this boat mentioned on another forum back in the beginning of april and was wondering when it would show up here.

If you pause the video at the 18:12 mark, you can see that the bolts for the clean out are wing nuts, and looks like there is a pin through the bolts where they meet the jet drive. Assuming you loosen the wing nuts, and the bolts just fall to the sides for the cover to be removed, to help you from losing the bolts and being SOL.
View attachment 219498

I feel the glove box design is off on the driver console. Why would you want screens with informatin that the driver would like to have access to in a glove box.

View attachment 219499.

Hopefully they have enough success to design another model with out those odd choices.
Nice catch on the wing nuts. I studied the drivers glove box - those two screens are specific to SeaKeeper (left) and what I can only assume is the drive by wire controls (right) as it shows rudder angle. This also means it must have a rudder...

I'm thinking they're need-to-know screens for systems that might also be built into the console software. For sure looking for a more comprehensive review of some of the tech and jet pieces.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would say yes, for the price point, you're looking at a proper vdrive - BUT, not everyone that wants a great wave can boat on water that's consistently deep. Enter the jet advantage for us river rats that need to get through some shallows to find the deeps. Since getting into watersports, my wife and I constantly (like monthly) go back and forth between a proper vdrive for sports and keep the jet because we're in 4-5' feet of water regularly. I made my family watch this video last night because I was so excited for something new and came up with the following pro/cons:

Pro's:
- 23' foot size is the unicorn size, in my opinion, for a great wake boat
- 15" draft? That's less than Yamaha and really amazing for 5k dry weight boat
- True neutral?! I want more info on this for sure
- Surf pipe on a jet boat!
- Power tower with articulating bimini - very much like a Supra or Nautique - and if you can drive the boat with it down, is great for escaping bad weather.
- Jet boat maneuverability in a surf-style boat without having thrusters/additional batteries
- 3k lbs of stock ballast is very nice - I'd imagine another 500lbs of lead would really wake up the wakeboard wave.
- Downward facing jet thrust to improve surf wave.
- Seakeeper system for wave transformation is really interesting, that's like a 2x usage of that product.
- Many options that Yamaha won't install come standard (surf pockets, phender pro, vdrive-class sound system)
- "Tubing setting" is funny to me - I would've named those something different like "kids, "teenagers," and "revenge"
- Multiple surf tow points on the tower
- Wet storage in the back
- Power shutoff behind the rear seat
- Hinged seats when accessing storage - unreal how many 100k "economy class" wakeboard boats have seats that aren't secured.
- Trash located under the step to reduce traffic
- High windows for wind protection, but cutout like a vdrive for communication
- Access to the jet pump through a swim platform
- SWIM PLATFORM on a jet boat - for watersports you cannot beat an actual swim platform
- Review eluded to that the boat is much quieter than "other jet boats," probably due to the surf pipe and V8.

Cons:
- Pump has direct access, but looks like the cover is bolted in (good for sealing) but I thought about those nuts going right into the water during an attempted cleanout.
- The outside-the-tub cupholders were weird to me. I get it that they're also rod holders, but that went a bit too far IMHO to make a do-everything boat. I'm not bringing the kids out for a day of bleeding fish on my wakeboard boat - I'll buy a cheap aluminum for that.
- 12 person capacity - ouch... on a 23' vdrive a 23' boat is 15-17 people. That's only two more than my 21' Yamaha
- You're back to winterizing this boat like a vdrive vs. the jet-ski motors we're used to.
- I'm back and forth on the co-pilot chair - my wife really likes ours, but to me it's wasted space. That said, the bench-only option in wakeboard boats creates a rear facing option only... I think Tige has done it best recently with their newest boat where there's a bench and a co-pilot helm, and the seat rocks between a double bow-facing seat, or a rear facing seat for water sports, with just a simple movement.
- Coming from a Yamaha and going to a single-engine boat, you would lose that confidence that if you had a bad pump jam, you could still limp back to the dock.
- Direct-to-consumer sales model... hmm, not liking that for service issues in the future.

Questions:
- Tell us more about pulling the pump?
- Tell us more about who makes this pump, their history, and advantages to this particular pump manufacturer?
- Tell us more about the impeller, the blades, the intake, the pitch?
- Tell us more about the steering - jet only? is there a rudder?
- Tell us more about how the waves are shaped for surfing - can you use SK for switching rider sides quickly?
- Tell us more about the motor - closed or open loop cooling?
- What exactly does the sound system consist of, amps and speaker size?
- Battery(s) and onboard charging setup?
- Tell us more about the ballast system - looks like a bag system, but how many pumps, how quick do they fill, and is the fill software timer based or actual (probably the former with a bag system).
- If true neutral is a "transmission" style system, what's maintenance like on that? Fluid to change and winterize?
- Tell us how you achieve the RPMs needed for a jet pump with a V8 that's lower RPM - has to be a transmission??
- Trailer in the video look branded to the boat, but who actually makes it, and is it better than the cheapy ones that come with Yamahas?
- Any LED lighting on speakers, cup holders, etc.?
- What is the height of the bimini in the tower-down position?
- Tell us more about the warranty offered on boat and motor? How does warranty work with a DTC model?
- If the jet thrust is downward facing, could this be made into a "trim" for the jet at all?
- Is the boat plug in the middle like a vdrive or at the stern like a jet boat?

Honestly, this boat really screams "built by people that understand both vdrive and jet boat advantages and disadvantages, and really really spend a lot of time on the water." I continue to be impressed!

Last edit to this post: The similarities to Yamaha are not a coincidence - appears that the owner of KYMA used to be the Operations Manager at Yamaha in TN. Good for him!
The trailer is an aluminum one. Never heard of this company, but saw this vid before there was any actual info on the Kyma.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

He's active on FB too and responded to things I've posted. Pretty impressive, but I reckon he's pushing hard for exposure. Which makes sense it being a new brand.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The trailer is an aluminum one. Never heard of this company, but saw this vid before there was any actual info on the Kyma.
Oooh nice, all aluminum trailer?! I also read it comes STOCK with Goodyear Endurance tires... hell that's $1200 savings right there over chinabombs from most manufacturers. Edit - also looks like a decent roller and comes with the nice retractable rear straps, AND trailer guides. WTF... it's like these guys actually use their own product. Yamaha, you paying attention?

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Definitely marketing hard right now, and looking for feedback, although not sure how much can be adjusted. I mean interior vinyl scheme is easy to adjust because it would just be patterns. Website looks to be buggy, the color selector crashed and won't reload for me. I like the captain and copilot chairs, definely duplicate the yamaha designs for the full swivel around and arm rests. Not a hug fan of the windshield/screen. I've always enjoyed the full wrap designs personally. I know the cut out makes it easier to talk to riders, just like the sportier look. Also the side tow points on the tower throw me off. I'd imagine you would want those higher, to get novice riders out of the water easier for surfing, most other wake boat manufactures have them more at the 3/4 point on the tower. Look forward to their progress.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Definitely marketing hard right now, and looking for feedback, although not sure how much can be adjusted. I mean interior vinyl scheme is easy to adjust because it would just be patterns. Website looks to be buggy, the color selector crashed and won't reload for me. I like the captain and copilot chairs, definely duplicate the yamaha designs for the full swivel around and arm rests. Not a hug fan of the windshield/screen. I've always enjoyed the full wrap designs personally. I know the cut out makes it easier to talk to riders, just like the sportier look. Also the side tow points on the tower throw me off. I'd imagine you would want those higher, to get novice riders out of the water easier for surfing, most other wake boat manufactures have them more at the 3/4 point on the tower. Look forward to their progress.
The tow points are low, but I caught in the video that it's basically a multi-use connection to add more racks. So, I wonder, could a guy switch the racks to the lower spot and add the tow points up high?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The tow points are low, but I caught in the video that it's basically a multi-use connection to add more racks. So, I wonder, could a guy switch the racks to the lower spot and add the tow points up high?
you'd probably get caught in your boards/racks that way. Maybe if you could rotate them all the way in?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oooh nice, all aluminum trailer?! I also read it comes STOCK with Goodyear Endurance tires... hell that's $1200 savings right there over chinabombs from most manufacturers. Edit - also looks like a decent roller and comes with the nice retractable rear straps, AND trailer guides. WTF... it's like these guys actually use their own product. Yamaha, you paying attention?
The nice retractable straps tend to be pretty common on most tow boats I've seen. I did notice the stoltz roller for the bow roller. Those also seem to be common from what I've seen on a lot of tow boat trailers.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For a direct to consumer model their website is pure trash.

Oafy44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
For a direct to consumer model their website is pure trash.

Agree

I think most people here really want this boat to be awesome as it would be a great medium between a Mastercraft and Yamaha

but the website was built on a budget and when your selling a $150k + boat …you can’t crash or reboot on picking a color.

KYMABOATS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks to all for your interest in our product. You all have some great questions and we'll keep working to keep you informed. We're a small private startup with a deep passion for watersports and jetboats. Seeing the void in the market we set out to create a new option that expands the capabilities of both the jet and VDrive platforms and ditch the compromises of PWC based Jets. We want to get one thing out of the way. The product isn't designed to be the ultimate Wakesurf machine....let's face it, the VDrives own that market. What it is designed to do is everything jets are known for better while providing a competitive option for watersports. Every choice we made is to this goal. The alliance and Boating Mag teams have bithe confirmed that we achieved our goal.....a great jet option that has a legit surf wave comparable to VDrive offerings in the same weight and length class.

Every comment and questions above are legit (well maybe except the color...seems we found the one person that doesn't like the color of the first boat lol). We'll try to answer some of them here but this boat is much more than the sun of its parts. And yes, a better website is on the way.....

For now I'll touch on some of the big questions above:
Steering - we're using Optimus Digital for wakeboard. No cables, full digital, this is a thread in itself in how it impacts the experience - no rudder. We're leaving room for aftermarket

Jet pump - American Turbine SD231. It's a solid stainless body with a 231 mm stainless impeller (25% more swept area than twin PWC type pumps). It has a significant history and is military spec or better. It's very tunable and made to pump rocks....the clean out has captured wing nuts that can't be lost and the whole thing is accessible through the billet aluminum swim platform

Our true neutral capability is based on a digitally controlled electrohydraulic actuator connected to the reverse bucket with a solid pushrod and military spec spherical rod ends. This results in precision repeatability of the neutral position sot it's always the same. There is no transmission to service and every component in the digital system is military spec IP69 rated. Every sensor is internal to the oil bath in the actuator.

The Seakeeper and steering "service screens" are in the driver's glove box. These will go away as we integrate into the HMI in future models. They're only there for service ... Out of the way but easy to access.

Ballast is 4 fatsacs and Johnson Tallulah pumps. Fill time for 3100# is 4 minutes. The whole system is solid state and there are no relays. All 4 pumps are on the rear bulkhead for easy service access.

The engine is closed cooling with a sea strainer. This is a standard setup and the winterization is simple. Either flush glycol through the freshwater flush port or pull the heat exchange end cap with one bolt.

Every boat is equipped with lifetime Telematics through Osmosis (same supplier as Nautique and owned by Nautique). This gives you visibility of your boat anywhere any time and allows us to diagnose problems remotely.

Sound System is full WetSounds with 1800W, 6 8", 2 10" Tower speakers and a 12" sub....The whole system is fully plug and play so there are no connections to come lose and cannot be wired in correctly (same exact amps Malibu uses)

The side tow points on the tower have two mounting positions (high and low). These same positions are designed to hold PTM Clampforce V3 racks. Do you have the choice of tow points and rack location....or you can run double racks.

The bimini has dual surf pockets so you really don't need racks but we chose to design the boat to use the best available. Every boat comes with a custom mooring and towing cover.

The trailer is an Ameratrail Powdercoated soft channel aluminum trailer....it's a work of art with galvanized torsion axles, dual disk brakes, swing tongue, 17" wheels with 10ply DTAP (discount tire approved products) tires rated to 81mph and come with road Hazzard. They can be service at any discount tire location nationwide.

Warranty is Lifetime structural, 5 years 500 hrs engine and driveline (extendable by Indmar to 7years) and 3 years everything else.

The garboard drain is midships accessible under the garbage bin. It has a 12" extended handle to make it easy access. The central location full drains the bilge with one plug.

The boat comes standard with automated (off above 5mph, push button temp on above 5mph for spotlighting markers) docking lights in the billet side badges and underwater lights. We don't have RGB yet but we do have signature teal lighting elements (waiting for the next generation single wire RGB coming to the market next year)

The rod holder cupholder combos arent really there for rods, they're there for mounting the Gemlux solar shade front or rear. It's an off the shelf quality part. The rod holder part is nice if you have kids too....Honestly, we always carry some ultralights in the boat for sight fishing when we're just floating playing.....the rod holders also make perfect places for flag poles and the solar shade poles work perfectly for flying your favorite flags.

We did consider the 2.3 ecojet option but we wanted to know we had the torque needed to pull more weight. The ecojet could do it but would require twin jets which compromises the wake. A single jet is lower in the pocket and doesn't interfere with the wake or wave. Going to a single bigger jet reduces the friction losses and harmonics associated with twins.....packaging for ballast is much better too. We were inspired by the ecojet but went oue own path and found the AT 231 and never looked back.

As far as pricing goes we wanted to build a jet boat with features and capability that wasn't available. Other jet brands are hamstrung by sales quotas and PWC based engines so they have built in compromises....the biggest player has to keep volumes up and pricing low to make sure.they sell every engine they build....so competing with them on price would be an act of futility. This gave us the opportunity to go upmarket and offer performance and comfort comparable to mid level VDrives at a price comparable to mid level vdrives. Offering the boat direct gives us the opportunity to add some features (power tower, aluminum trailer, digital steering, Seakeeper Ride, dual cockpit heaters etc) to set us apart from the Value brands of Jets and VDrives). We have an extremely efficient manufacturing process using automation at every point minimizing labor swings....so as we grow we'll add more options and capability while controlling costs better than others .... Right now we feel we're offering a reasoably priced product when the whole package is considered.

As far as the webpage goes, if you've ever priced a modern website it's ridiculous....so we had to compromise to get going. As with everything we do, we work to improve every day so expect to see regular updates on it. One thing that helps is running it on chrome. iOS limits the amount of data that can be transmitted and with our (budget) approach getting an efficient graphics package that works with our true CAD and iOS is very expensive. Frustrating but true.

The direct to consumer model is supported by our standard Telematics, central location (TN is 8hrs from 80% of the boat buying population), Indmars service network and our commitment to get direct answers and solutions to customers as quickly as possible. When the costs of selling through a dealer network are mapped, the customer is paying for things they don't need or want. It's a very wasteful process. To get people experience in our boats we offer a couple of packages where we come to you or you can come to us. Please feel free to reach out through kymaboats.com, Instagram or FB....

Thanks again for the interest.

Ed Malle
Founder and President
KYMA Boats

Oafy44

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Thanks to all for your interest in our product. You all have some great questions and we'll keep working to keep you informed. We're a small private startup with a deep passion for watersports and jetboats. Seeing the void in the market we set out to create a new option that expands the capabilities of both the jet and VDrive platforms and ditch the compromises of PWC based Jets. We want to get one thing out of the way. The product isn't designed to be the ultimate Wakesurf machine....let's face it, the VDrives own that market. What it is designed to do is everything jets are known for better while providing a competitive option for watersports. Every choice we made is to this goal. The alliance and Boating Mag teams have bithe confirmed that we achieved our goal.....a great jet option that has a legit surf wave comparable to VDrive offerings in the same weight and length class.

Every comment and questions above are legit (well maybe except the color...seems we found the one person that doesn't like the color of the first boat lol). We'll try to answer some of them here but this boat is much more than the sun of its parts. And yes, a better website is on the way.....

For now I'll touch on some of the big questions above:
Steering - we're using Optimus Digital for wakeboard. No cables, full digital, this is a thread in itself in how it impacts the experience - no rudder. We're leaving room for aftermarket

Jet pump - American Turbine SD231. It's a solid stainless body with a 231 mm stainless impeller (25% more swept area than twin PWC type pumps). It has a significant history and is military spec or better. It's very tunable and made to pump rocks....the clean out has captured wing nuts that can't be lost and the whole thing is accessible through the billet aluminum swim platform

Our true neutral capability is based on a digitally controlled electrohydraulic actuator connected to the reverse bucket with a solid pushrod and military spec spherical rod ends. This results in precision repeatability of the neutral position sot it's always the same. There is no transmission to service and every component in the digital system is military spec IP69 rated. Every sensor is internal to the oil bath in the actuator.

The Seakeeper and steering "service screens" are in the driver's glove box. These will go away as we integrate into the HMI in future models. They're only there for service ... Out of the way but easy to access.

Ballast is 4 fatsacs and Johnson Tallulah pumps. Fill time for 3100# is 4 minutes. The whole system is solid state and there are no relays. All 4 pumps are on the rear bulkhead for easy service access.

The engine is closed cooling with a sea strainer. This is a standard setup and the winterization is simple. Either flush glycol through the freshwater flush port or pull the heat exchange end cap with one bolt.

Every boat is equipped with lifetime Telematics through Osmosis (same supplier as Nautique and owned by Nautique). This gives you visibility of your boat anywhere any time and allows us to diagnose problems remotely.

Sound System is full WetSounds with 1800W, 6 8", 2 10" Tower speakers and a 12" sub....The whole system is fully plug and play so there are no connections to come lose and cannot be wired in correctly (same exact amps Malibu uses)

The side tow points on the tower have two mounting positions (high and low). These same positions are designed to hold PTM Clampforce V3 racks. Do you have the choice of tow points and rack location....or you can run double racks.

The bimini has dual surf pockets so you really don't need racks but we chose to design the boat to use the best available. Every boat comes with a custom mooring and towing cover.

The trailer is an Ameratrail Powdercoated soft channel aluminum trailer....it's a work of art with galvanized torsion axles, dual disk brakes, swing tongue, 17" wheels with 10ply DTAP (discount tire approved products) tires rated to 81mph and come with road Hazzard. They can be service at any discount tire location nationwide.

Warranty is Lifetime structural, 5 years 500 hrs engine and driveline (extendable by Indmar to 7years) and 3 years everything else.

The garboard drain is midships accessible under the garbage bin. It has a 12" extended handle to make it easy access. The central location full drains the bilge with one plug.

The boat comes standard with automated (off above 5mph, push button temp on above 5mph for spotlighting markers) docking lights in the billet side badges and underwater lights. We don't have RGB yet but we do have signature teal lighting elements (waiting for the next generation single wire RGB coming to the market next year)

The rod holder cupholder combos arent really there for rods, they're there for mounting the Gemlux solar shade front or rear. It's an off the shelf quality part. The rod holder part is nice if you have kids too....Honestly, we always carry some ultralights in the boat for sight fishing when we're just floating playing.....the rod holders also make perfect places for flag poles and the solar shade poles work perfectly for flying your favorite flags.

We did consider the 2.3 ecojet option but we wanted to know we had the torque needed to pull more weight. The ecojet could do it but would require twin jets which compromises the wake. A single jet is lower in the pocket and doesn't interfere with the wake or wave. Going to a single bigger jet reduces the friction losses and harmonics associated with twins.....packaging for ballast is much better too. We were inspired by the ecojet but went oue own path and found the AT 231 and never looked back.

As far as pricing goes we wanted to build a jet boat with features and capability that wasn't available. Other jet brands are hamstrung by sales quotas and PWC based engines so they have built in compromises....the biggest player has to keep volumes up and pricing low to make sure.they sell every engine they build....so competing with them on price would be an act of futility. This gave us the opportunity to go upmarket and offer performance and comfort comparable to mid level VDrives at a price comparable to mid level vdrives. Offering the boat direct gives us the opportunity to add some features (power tower, aluminum trailer, digital steering, Seakeeper Ride, dual cockpit heaters etc) to set us apart from the Value brands of Jets and VDrives). We have an extremely efficient manufacturing process using automation at every point minimizing labor swings....so as we grow we'll add more options and capability while controlling costs better than others .... Right now we feel we're offering a reasoably priced product when the whole package is considered.

As far as the webpage goes, if you've ever priced a modern website it's ridiculous....so we had to compromise to get going. As with everything we do, we work to improve every day so expect to see regular updates on it. One thing that helps is running it on chrome. iOS limits the amount of data that can be transmitted and with our (budget) approach getting an efficient graphics package that works with our true CAD and iOS is very expensive. Frustrating but true.

The direct to consumer model is supported by our standard Telematics, central location (TN is 8hrs from 80% of the boat buying population), Indmars service network and our commitment to get direct answers and solutions to customers as quickly as possible. When the costs of selling through a dealer network are mapped, the customer is paying for things they don't need or want. It's a very wasteful process. To get people experience in our boats we offer a couple of packages where we come to you or you can come to us. Please feel free to reach out through kymaboats.com, Instagram or FB....

Thanks again for the interest.

Ed Malle
Founder and President
KYMA Boats

Thanks so much for reaching out and clarifying a few questions. There will always be people second guessing and telling you/ kyma to do something different

However - with regards to your boat/product - if you are going to charge 50% more then Yamahas top line boat - I feel your website should be the number 1 investment to get people to buy your boat no?

If I have a 120k 255xd and you want me to buy a 175k KYMA how are you going to do that ? The first thing I did today on this thread was go to your website and tried to build a boat and it crashed …..why would I want to invest 200k with tax when I can’t even get your website to work correctly. You should either drop the price to rival the Yamaha or if you have to go 50% higher then you have to make the experience better.

I went in the “experience “ part of the website and you basically said the same thing 4 different times but worded it different and had no link to sign up for the luxury cabin demo weekend.

I think you’re really on to something but not many people are going to spend 200k if you can’t lead them to the proverbial drinking well water.

I think you need to invest what it takes to make a website - show us how easy it is to find a service dealer if a warranty issue arises . The direct dealer is great if you can send a mobile tech to solve issues ASAP?

Again , this is just my view today but when you are a small start up - how are you going to sell a new product if your excuse is a good website was too much but we want you to buy a $150-200k boat ?

what financing(if any or what partners) do you have and how streamlined can you make it on your website to click on and be pre approved?)

I started a business 20 years ago and was cheaper than my competitors. Now I am more expensive then my competitors because 20 years later I have credentials and reputation and have earned that right. Your doing the opposite which is fine but when your excuse to maybe the most important part of your company is which is a website - if you skimped on that what other things will you skimp on ? Your” ridiculous “ prices website could very well reserved several orders - but I will probably wait a few years due to the fact I really wasn’t impressed by first impression of the website. Maybe I’m just getting old at 42 but my guess not too many people under 40 are buying a $150k-200k boat and still value a functional / well thought out website vs an instagram page/post.

I really am interested in your product and seriously hope you crush it - the make up of this boat is what a lot of people on This forum want to have and your company’s thought process into this was great. In no way am I writing your company off and really am open to switching . My home lake is on the border of Georgia/NC so only two hours away. Maybe I’ll visit sometime this year to see it in person.

Just my two cents and again everyone has an “expert” opinion. Is of days so please don’t take this as being condescending or mean , but just some positive feedback on a product that has great potential!!! Lastly ,your info on this post was great so maybe add that to the website to help with what’s already on there

Hope to see your boats on the water In the future !

KYMABOATS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks so much for reaching out and clarifying a few questions. There will always be people second guessing and telling you/ kyma to do something different

However - with regards to your boat/product - if you are going to charge 50% more then Yamahas top line boat - I feel your website should be the number 1 investment to get people to buy your boat no?

If I have a 120k 255xd and you want me to buy a 175k KYMA how are you going to do that ? The first thing I did today on this thread was go to your website and tried to build a boat and it crashed …..why would I want to invest 200k with tax when I can’t even get your website to work correctly. You should either drop the price to rival the Yamaha or if you have to go 50% higher then you have to make the experience better.

I went in the “experience “ part of the website and you basically said the same thing 4 different times but worded it different and had no link to sign up for the luxury cabin demo weekend.

I think you’re really on to something but not many people are going to spend 200k if you can’t lead them to the proverbial drinking well water.

I think you need to invest what it takes to make a website - show us how easy it is to find a service dealer if a warranty issue arises . The direct dealer is great if you can send a mobile tech to solve issues ASAP?

Again , this is just my view today but when you are a small start up - how are you going to sell a new product if your excuse is a good website was too much but we want you to buy a $150-200k boat ?

what financing(if any or what partners) do you have and how streamlined can you make it on your website to click on and be pre approved?)

I started a business 20 years ago and was cheaper than my competitors. Now I am more expensive then my competitors because 20 years later I have credentials and reputation and have earned that right. Your doing the opposite which is fine but when your excuse to maybe the most important part of your company is which is a website - if you skimped on that what other things will you skimp on ? Your” ridiculous “ prices website could very well reserved several orders - but I will probably wait a few years due to the fact I really wasn’t impressed by first impression of the website. Maybe I’m just getting old at 42 but my guess not too many people under 40 are buying a $150k-200k boat and still value a functional / well thought out website vs an instagram page/post.

I really am interested in your product and seriously hope you crush it - the make up of this boat is what a lot of people on This forum want to have and your company’s thought process into this was great. In no way am I writing your company off and really am open to switching . My home lake is on the border of Georgia/NC so only two hours away. Maybe I’ll visit sometime this year to see it in person.

Just my two cents and again everyone has an “expert” opinion. Is of days so please don’t take this as being condescending or mean , but just some positive feedback on a product that has great potential!!! Lastly ,your info on this post was great so maybe add that to the website to help with what’s already on there

Hope to see your boats on the water In the future !