• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Allatoona GA

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Lake Allatoona is our swimmin' hole.
We are based in the Little River and enjoy both the Little River and the Etowah River ends of the lake.
There are so many coves and sheltered niches to hang out in and some great stretches for skiing and tubing etc.
The Sweetwater area is fun and we can be found poking about between there and Victoria as well.
Our kids enjoy the "jumping rock" at Redtop campground so we will occasionally venture that far but not often.
We enjoyed a snack in the sun floating at the dam in February one warmish afternoon.
Hope to see some folks out and about. There are several Yamahas on the lake (6 or 7 at least) and if folks are heading out give us a holler. If any folks from out of town are headed for Allatoona let us know and we can maybe meet up!
Look for the blue SX192 towing a kite (serious relaxation in progress)image.jpg

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
A friend of mine just moved to GA, and bought a house on lake Allatoona.

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
A friend of mine just moved to GA, and bought a house on lake Allatoona.
Did your friend get a house with dock access? The Army Corp of Engineers own the lake and they grant dock permits although I heard that they are no longer issuing new dock permits.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought my boat at allatoona, beautiful area and the small part I saw was very nice! I want to make a trip up there sometime.

shrivel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoping to get out sometime later this week in the boat. Anyone know which ramps are open right now? I usually put in at Red Top, but I am assuming it's closed since they announced the state parks are closed...

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hoping to get out sometime later this week in the boat. Anyone know which ramps are open right now? I usually put in at Red Top, but I am assuming it's closed since they announced the state parks are closed...
I've been going to blockhouse for South end or galts ferry. Both are COE and are open. I also think fees are waived now as well. I'm going tomorrow!

yjander

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I've been going to blockhouse for South end or galts ferry. Both are COE and are open. I also think fees are waived now as well. I'm going tomorrow!
@shrivel were you out on lake allatoona yesterday? I saw a blue AR-192 by Park Marina we are on a beach across the street from the gas station at Park arena. Saw the blue 192 go by us going towards the dam.

shrivel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@shrivel were you out on lake allatoona yesterday? I saw a blue AR-192 by Park Marina we are on a beach across the street from the gas station at Park arena. Saw the blue 192 go by us going towards the dam.
I wish. Still haven't been able to convince the wife to get out on the water with all the craziness going down ;-(

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
GA state parks are all open.