• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Cumberland state resort

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
planning a trip down for our first time to lake Cumberland. Anyone experience the state resort and its lodgings? Any other places to consider for lodging down there. No camping. 2 night minimum. Accepts pets. Boat slip rental or dock a plus. Thanks in advance!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
State dock i highly recommend the cottages! Very nicely kept up and room to pull your bkat to the cottage. Slips are inexpensive but the launch is huge and rarely full unless there is an event. Lure Lodge is decent with the resteraunt and they have a bar/grill open on the weekends down by the dock.

Also check out Jamestown. I think State dock is nicer cottages but Jamestown has nicer hotel rooms.
Conley bottom looks decent as wel.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
http://www.statedock.com/
That is just the dock. It is separate from the lodging above it but they get along.
The lodging:
http://parks.ky.gov/parks/resortparks/lake-cumberland/
Jamestown:
http://jamestown-marina.com/
Conley bottom:
http://conleybottom.com/
Wolf creek:
http://wolfcreekmarina.com/
Burnside is the next thing i haven't explored there. Visit mill springs from the lake on a weekend and see the mill run. Check out 76 falls. Find a random cove and the turtles will find you at lunch time.

It's my favorite lake with a good tie with Lake Michigan but they are drastically different so i would say i have two favorites!

MadMike

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Conley Bottom is nice. Decent marina, nice beach for the kids, great camping, rentals for everything, but have never used their cottages. Burnside and Lees Ford are good also.

As mentioned above, 76 Falls up near the dam and the State Dock is gorgeous, Mill Springs is a nice distraction from a day on the water, and the restaurants at Lees Ford and Conley Bottom are a great place to stop and eat lunch or dinner.

The best part of Lake Cumberland is that you can always find a cove to stop and spend the day in no matter how busy the lake is. Jumping in anywhere and still being able to see my feet (I'm 6'6") is a nice bonus.

We spend every moment we can at Lake Cumberland. If you need any other info on good places to visit, just ask.

Murf51

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@MadMike we are heading down there for the first time on the 27th and I'm trying to find some good spots to check out besides the marinas and the dam. (falls, places to cliff jump, ect.) got any recommendations?

MadMike

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Where are you staying at Murf? Let me know and I'll share what I know.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@MadMike we are heading down there for the first time on the 27th and I'm trying to find some good spots to check out besides the marinas and the dam. (falls, places to cliff jump, ect.) got any recommendations?
And join the facebook group for cumberland. It's hilarious and helpful!
We have gone a few years and haven't done everything yet. Best thing is you can always find a quiet cove

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Murf51 Lake is absolutely beautiful right now ! You will love the lake. Wish I could be there this weekend but stuck out of state on a business trip. My boating friends and I enjoy taking the short trip from State Dock up to Wolf Creek Marina for a meal. Best restaurant on the lake IMHO. Enjoy your stay.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We typically stay at State Dock, or Conley Bottom. It's a large lake, so the trip on teh water is a good 45min between the two.

76 falls used to get pretty wild, and jump out of the "family friendly" zone on a regular basis. Haven't been there in a few years.

Helluva party at state dock for the poker run. Worth the $10 admission for a good time, and some really spectacular go fast boats. Definitely NOT family friendly weekend to go to the falls, or party cove though.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We always stay near Alligator II marina. CHEAP boat storage there, so thats why we ended up there. We used to camp so KOA is there too. Its probably the 'shabbiest' of the marina's but we rarely use the marina services.

Where you go on LC really depends on where you are coming from! We come from North so State Dock and Jamestown are another 45-60 minutes drive for us.

If you do stay at State Dock, go out the BACK to Pumpkin Creek for a less busy area of the lake and great coves for swimming.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We always stay near Alligator II marina. CHEAP boat storage there, so thats why we ended up there. We used to camp so KOA is there too. Its probably the 'shabbiest' of the marina's but we rarely use the marina services.

Where you go on LC really depends on where you are coming from! We come from North so State Dock and Jamestown are another 45-60 minutes drive for us.

If you do stay at State Dock, go out the BACK to Pumpkin Creek for a less busy area of the lake and great coves for swimming.
I'd be interested to hear your CHEAP rate for storage. Please PM me or post it here, whatever you prefer. I think I would like to try leaving our boat down there for a season and camp out a bunch of weekends. We have made 2 camping trips to State Dock this year, but hauling the boat up and back is a PITA.

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I pay $399 a year for indoor storage near Alligator II marina, this includes an electrical outlet. My 212 LS fits in here no issues and I have shelves at the back probably 5' deep. Not exactly sure how long my unit is. They do mail us a warning with our bill every years that the electric is for battery maintainers and NOT refrigerators / Air Conditioners etc, which is fine by me. I have never gotten there to find anything unplugged. This particular storage unit is in a "U" shape around a large ranch house. When I first got the unit a dozen years ago the couple that lived in the house owned the storage units and had dogs and lived right there. He passed away a few years ago and another person has taken over the storage business and the house has a new and different owner. Never had issues here.

I save $400 on gas in just a few trips, plus takes a lot less time to get there when not towing. LC is better than any lake anywhere near me.

I can't get storage anywhere near that price here in Ohio, plus now I do not tow the boat hardly at all.

Anglers Storage, a mile from the launch!

My invoices come from
Mina Gandhi mina@mybghomesearch.com

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At the other end of the lake White's boat storage near Burnside is $700 a year with an outlet. Great thing there is he lives onsite so if you forget a key or just need to let someone else in for some reason when you are not there you can text him and he will unlock it. I think it is a 40ft unit as I have enough room for shelves in the back and also to put a 8ft trailer with my ATV on it in front of the boat.

MadMike

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I pay just under $400 a year for a storage area. 20'x45'. Leave the boat, SeaDoo, a 4 wheeler, and all the jackets/tubes/skis/etc. in it.

bthessel

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pay just under $400 a year for a storage area. 20'x45'. Leave the boat, SeaDoo, a 4 wheeler, and all the jackets/tubes/skis/etc. in it.

That is an amazing deal!

MadMike

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Not bad. Local place.