• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Erie Island Hopping! Put-In-Bay, Kelly's Island, Bass Island, Marblehead, Sandusky

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you ever have a chance to head up to Lake Erie, DO IT! So much fun and the islands really offer a cool "beachy vibe." Put-In-Bay gets a bad wrap here in the Cincy area for being cheesy/touristy, but the family and kids loved it! Something really cool about traveling around on a small island where golf carts are the main method of transport! Amazing seafood restaurants as well. Traveling by boat is definitely the way to go in this area as it can get really pricey with ferries, etc. If you're not familiar it's like being on the ocean without saltwater or sharks or jellyfish!

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really wanted to do this, this summer, but we ran out of weekends and time. Looks like a fun weekend.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We will definitely be doing this again, but this time will probably stay on PIB Island this time. I can't believe I've had this in my own backyard (well ... 3.5 hours away) and have spent so much time going to FL for so many years.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is about 1:45 from me to drop the boat in so it is fairly close.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
More img's

Attachments

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How did you get the slip at PIB? Did you radio the dock master? My brother slipped in front of the boardwalk after he gassed up, but I think he paid money for the day.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is the Woodward Dream Cruise this weekend here which will attract over 1 million people and they are projecting 40,000 - 60,000 cars for a 1-2 day event in two cities. Unfortunately we are not big car enthusiasts and our home is about 1/2 mile from Woodward, the main drag so we were thinking about getting out of town this weekend.

I was looking at possible 1 night hotels on PIB just now after you posted and couldn't find anything. Everything is all booked up. Any suggestions or ideas that you may have seen to put us in the area this weekend. Weather permitting looks like a nice day just the Admiral and I.

Also what is the docking situation on the Island right now. Do I call and reserve ahead or just show up and see what is available.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We stayed at the Boardwalk slip. It was $40, but you received a $10 credit to one of their restaurants, which we planned on anyway. For Kelly's Island, we stayed at Portside Marina and I think it was like $15? Super cheap.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We stayed at the Boardwalk slip. It was $40, but you received a $10 credit to one of their restaurants, which we planned on anyway. For Kelly's Island, we stayed at Portside Marina and I think it was like $15? Super cheap.
Do you call ahead and reserve or just show up?

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors we stayed in Port Clinton and rode our boat out each day. Next time, we will stay in PIB, but if you're unable to, it's a fairly easy trip. It can be choppy but it was nice.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No need to call ... you just pull up and someone comes out to help you tie up pretty quick! They constantly have boats coming and going ...

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors we stayed in Port Clinton and rode our boat out each day. Next time, we will stay in PIB, but if you're unable to, it's a fairly easy trip. It can be choppy but it was nice.
I am used to the big chop 1-3+

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well, we had that a couple of times. At one point a storm rolled in and the family tried to talk me into taking a ferry but I wasn't having any of that! lol 😄

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Bringing back the memories. We miss Lake Erie and those locations a LOT. My wife and I used to sail out of Port Clinton on her Dad's 46' Hans Christian sailing vessel for many years. Looks like its still a great time up there.

Thanks for the pictures!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were you launching out of Port Clinton? On Navionics it looks like about 9.87 miles to PIB.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors the condo we stayed at was great, it had everything we would ever need and the best part is, we had our own slip right out back of the building. $25/day

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was this a rental condo? Do you have a link to it?

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
WOW! in Port Clinton? Either way, that rocks. And an easy trailer haul from Cincy to PC.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Attachments

adamncincy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were you launching out of Port Clinton? On Navionics it looks like about 9.87 miles to PIB.
It wasn't a bad ride to any of the islands. You can even see them from our window.