• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Hamilton, Hot Springs, AR

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lake Hamilton is a 7200 acre reservoir wrapping around two sides of the city of Hot Springs. The lake is approximately 18 miles long from dam to dam. The channel and several larger pools are suitable for watersports. The many bays are perfect for fishing. There are two sand bar areas that host parties every weekend. And if you find my house you have found a 300+ acre (1 mile x 1/2 mile) shallow bay that the propped boats avoid but we are free to ski, tube, kneeboard, wakeboard and wakesurf in. It is our own private playground, the house at the top left of the first picture is where we spend our time off of the water.

Most of the lake has residential development along the shore line. There are several restaurants, a pizza pub, several hotels and a few clubs with docks on the lake.

This is our private playground

housboat-640.jpg

kidsshal-640.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg
There are many fireworks shows on the lake around the 4th.

IMG_0866.jpg

This is the dock a Smiley's

IMG_0961.jpg

This is the 7S / Central Ave busy southern end of the lake

centrala-640.jpg

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Have been to Hot Springs one time. I learned the hard way, do not go there on a Holiday weekend without hotel reservations. It took the wife and I Three hrs. to find a hotel accommodation in the middle of the night. Wanted to rent a boat or jet skis and was told they need to be reserved at least 3 months out. A very popular spot. We loved it.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That place looks gorgeous! I'm so envious of you guys that have places on the water like that. Then to have it on a beautiful lake to boot. Very nice! Welcome to the forum!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Boat Crazy, next time you are in town remember that you have a friend with a spare bedroom!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Boat Crazy, next time you are in town remember that you have a friend with a spare bedroom!
Same here if you ever want to stay just a 1 hour drive to Lake of Ozarks. Although my house is not as fancy as yours, it is clean. LOL!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Boat Crazy, we have family in Kansas City but have never made it to Lake of the Ozarks. We might stop by some summer!

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for the description Bruce, can't wait for our upcoming vacation on Hamilton.

Is it safe to run upriver to the dam between Oauchita and Hamilton?

Edit to add: where is the best place for fuel on the north eastern side of the lake?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Kelso, last year we had a lot of weeds growing in the lake. Especially near a Blakely dam between Hamilton and Oauchita. So I had to use the clean out plugs after trips to the dam later in the year. But I believe you may be here early enough to avoid the weeds.

There are two or more Marinas with fuel around Anthony Island on highway 7. I use Power Boats Inc on the NE side of the island. I have not had a problem with fuel from any Marina on the lake.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Bruce you are living the dream lakeside. Would love to wake up a few yards from water like that!

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bruce, all of your help is much appreciated, you are really easing my mind as I learn more and more about the lake from you. Thanks a bunch!

If you ever come go Galveston I'll certainly be able to return the favor!

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've started a handwritten list to bring with me of this lakes attributes, locales, and hazards.

Any restaurants that are accessible by boat that are a must? Any that are a mustn't?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Fisherman's Wharf is by the northern Bridge on Anthony Island. They have a selection of mainly fried seafood and a nice bar. The grouper is our favorite. They have several kids menu options.

The Boathouse is on the West side of Anthony Island. They previously were part of the Does steakhouse chain. The name has changed but the food is similar.

Gilligans is by the Belle Riverboat on the SW side of Anthony Island. They make a good breakfast but my experience has not been as good other times of the day.

The Belle also offers dinner cruises. The food is decent and it is a nice experience.

Sam's Pizza Pub is on Burchwood Bay Road. It is way back in a bay on the south side of the Twin Points Condominiums. The bay has a no wake sign at the entrance. It is one of our favorite stops. They have great pizza, a great club, my wife loves their fried pickles, cold tap beer and often have live music. We often order food, pick it up and eat on the water.

There also is a chicken express fast food establishment beside Bradford Marine. This is in the Bull Bayou area of the lake near the eastmost 270W bridge.

Cajun Boilers can be found just north of the Bull Bayou bridge. It is the oldest of the restaurants on the lake. They offer Cajun Styled Seafood and often have dock space when the Anthony Island locations are full.

Patty's on the Lake is also just north of the 270w bridge. It is a southern diner. My brothers would get burgers there when they worked at marinas as teenagers. My wife loves their steak sandwich . I like their grilled club and our kids prefer their catfish.

The largest liquor store in Hot Springs is across Bull Bayou from Cajun Boilers and Patty's. There is a boardwalk just NE of the bridge where you can let someone off to walk to go for drinks.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is a picture of the Sand Bar on the Friday before Memorial Day

Sandbar_Friday.jpg

And then on Saturday

Sandbar_Saturday.jpg

The water and air are unseasonably cool so we are having a quiet weekend.

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well hopefully it warms up soon, we will be up there in a few weeks!

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Absolutely gorgeous lake.. We went from dam to dam this morning, 81° water to 55° water. Wonderful cruise up, then pulled tubers almost the entire way back.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Kelso, you are supposed to dump your tubers, boarders, etc in the water when you get to Blakely Dam!

We had a family reunion today. I believe we will be on the lake Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Kelso, @Backwash is on Lake Hamilton today in his AR210 with a custom wrap. He is probably at Skinny Dip Cove.

Screen Shot 2014-06-14 at 3.49.45 PM.png

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are staying across from skinny dip cove, can see it from the house. We have kids so we didn't go to the cove yesterday figuring it could be a bit dangerous in those close quarters, it was packed. I did see another Yamaha tubing around there yesterday afternoon, it was a black 19 or 21 footer, no graphics that I could tell.

How deep is the water in skinny dip cove? I like to get into about knee deep water with the stern so the kids can reach bottom.

I threatened to throw everyone in at Blakely, no one was amused, LOL. brother in law did soak a sore knee in it though and made it feel better.

@Backwash
@Bruce