• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Lanier - GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And the BIG BASS come outta Lanier, whether I wanna admit it or not. And fer sure the BIG stripers as well. Oh, well . <Sigh>

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And since Kev started this, we can document Lake Oconee's FULL POOL outstanding success @ this website <grin>
http://oconee.uslakes.info/Level.asp

Y'all play nicely now ........... Mikey & Barbie enjoying a Slice of Paradise living on Lake Oconee, GA

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dang! What took me so long to find this thread!

Stained my dock and decks the last two weeks, so now it's boat prep time. Changing the oil and plugs tomorrow, then plan on scrubbing the inside and out this week so I can have her in the water next weekend! Looking like the weather should be in the 80s, but the water is still cold.

Kevin404

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like work kept ya from finding it, Mike !

Next weekend there's an in-water boat show over at Sunset Cove. I might splash the boat and go check that out for a bit. But yeah, water is going to take a few more weeks to warm up for sure.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Kevin404 Have you ever been to one of the Full Moon Parties? That might be a great reason to have my boys spend the night with relatives. Just not sure what to expect.

Kevin404

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@cane.mba Yes, I try to hit all of them. The atmosphere depends a bit on where you park your boat. The slips are usually full of boats, loud music, and people do party. It's friendly and very very social. There are kids around, people of all ages in fact. The beach is crowded, long waits to get into the restaurants, usually bands playing up on shore, people hanging out, etc. The high energy social is fun sometimes. Other times, I anchor the boat out in the cove somewhere, listen to my own music, swim, relax, etc. A little calmer experience. If you want a slip during peak season, its best to reserve one as they will fill up. Otherwise they are first come, first served and free to use.

The fireworks are really good. They wait as long as possible to shoot em off, until the onshore business is dying off for the night. After the fireworks are over, there's a mad dash out of the cove. I usually try to be on the front end of that, or wait until most of it has cleared out before I go. I figure it's a high concentration of drunk boaters all heading for open waters in the dark. Crossing the lake in the dark is actually something I really enjoy, but I try to do so when and where traffic is at a minimum.

There are a couple of groups of people with mostly cruisers who weekend at the SSC docks; Lake Lanier Boaters Group (LLBG) and Lake Laker Cocktail Club (LLCC). Both groups are on facebook. The first is family friendly, the second is not family friendly.

It's a fun time, you should try it. If you know you are going, let me know, be glad to raft up with you if you don't want to get a slip.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Kevin404 Absolutely! We should try and get a local jetboaters meet together, not necessarily at SSC, or a Full Moon party, but maybe somewhere else on the lake to keep it family friendly for a first meet. What do you think?

Kevin404

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Kevin404 Absolutely! We should try and get a local jetboaters meet together, not necessarily at SSC, or a Full Moon party, but maybe somewhere else on the lake to keep it family friendly for a first meet. What do you think?
I'm in!

May 3rd there's a family friendly meetup just SE of Duckett Mill for LLBC. I plan to go to that to meet people as should be a smaller meetup than at SSC. We could piggyback a call to jetboaters at same time / place...

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If someone will come "pickup" Miss B'Haven and move it for us, we'll join y'all !
LOL @!
Best after-Easter Greetings to all ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Who had the black 242 with a tube in the cove by Sawnee campground Sunday afternoon? I was on a quick motorcycle ride and spotted you from the road probably around 3pm. We enjoyed a long day on the lake today boarding and jumping off rocks.

Durkis007

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have no idea how I missed your post earlier. We are planning a Summer 2016 family trip to Lanier... From what I can tell everything books up fast so we are getting a jump on next year. Any advise on a particular part of the lake to rent a house ? We are looking for a good spot that's close to a "party cove" and fishing for my father in law.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
So I was about to start a Lake Lenier thread and found this one. @cane.mba (and anybody else), we'll be in Atlanta for a wedding the weekend of July 11 and I figured we might as well drag the boat down with us and hang out on the lake for a few days too. Can you recommend a place to stay on the lake? Well probably do the wedding on Saturday then hit the lake / resort Sunday through Wednesday. Do you think I'm too late to find anything?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Your BEST bet is VRBO.
We just found a SPLENDID home on Lake Murray in mid May just a couple days ago.
We won't be boating, but it's a Million Dollar home and all they wanted was a 2-day min. Spend some time. You'll be pleased.
There are still TONS of places.
Here ya go: http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/georgia/northeast-mountains/lake-lanier

Good Luck, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MikeyL I've never used VRBO, very cool info!

@sstegh Accomodations vary depending on what you are looking for. Lake Lanier Islands, is the only higher end resort on the lake. I think Mikey's suggestion of VRBO may be your best bet. The last link is a Google map with all boat ramps marked (Marina's and Public)

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/georgia/northeast-mountains/lake-lanier

http://www.lanierislands.com/accommodations

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zBubxoDBSu3k.k0nE1lwI9a2E&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thank you guys! I'll poke around those sites and see what I find. We don't need a higher end place, we'll be on the water all day and just need somewhere to sleep at night.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The southern end of Lake Lanier has more boats and people and gets very crowded on weekends. Sunset Cove (Lake Lanier Islands) is the party cove if you are looking for great people/boat watching, beach, water park, and restaurants. There are also several coves around for a more relaxing time or for water sports. The northern end (Gainesville) tends to be quieter if that is what you are looking for.

Gumbeaux

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The southern end of Lake Lanier has more boats and people and gets very crowded on weekends. Sunset Cove (Lake Lanier Islands) is the party cove if you are looking for great people/boat watching, beach, water park, and restaurants. There are also several coves around for a more relaxing time or for water sports. The northern end (Gainesville) tends to be quieter if that is what you are looking for.
A big plus one on this. We are keeping our boat at Port Royale this year after spending a year exploring the lake to pick a spot. It's pretty much "mid lake" with good access to the north and south. We much prefer to do family boating in the far north, where it can be a bit narrower but void of the big 50+ cabin cruisers. The South end has big cruisers, big crowds, big waves, etc. but it's worth a venture every once in a while. Every year, we rent a house with friends for a long weekend via VRBO. Plenty of good options. Also consider accessibility from the East or West highways depending on where you are coming from...

For resorts, consider Lake Lanier Islands which is the aforementioned Sunset Cove for parties, water park, etc.

I bet you can still find a house. Lots of the VRBO owners hold out for a full week rental until it gets closer to the date...so just have some patience and start a conversation with a few of them even if they want a full week at this point. this has worked out for us whenever we rent a long weekend...

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I live as far south and west as you can get on Lanier and yes the weekends can get crazy, and I don't go near the water on holidays. However, there are so many coves, islands, and hideaways that you can always find some quiet space away from the craziness.

However, we kept our boat at Gainesville Marina the first summer, and I love the laid back family friendly nature of the North End.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well, this is the weekend. Well be on the water sunday afternoon through tuesday. We'll be launching at little ridge park and staying at the holiday inn in cumming. anyone else going to be on lanier?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just found this thread, glad I did. Id like to head out to Lanier sometime, but Id also like to throw out an invitation to anyone who wants to check out Lake Thurmond in Augusta. Were at full pool and have something like 75,000 acres of water attached to a 3 or 4 rivers. Im doing my best to rack up the hours, burn the fuel and explore the lake.