• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Lanier - GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Bwahahahahhahahaha!! My first official stalker!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry I missed you guys! I've been re-organized into a new role, and I can't seem to keep up. My mother-in-law recently passed away as well, so it hasn't been a great summer for us...

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Sorry I missed you guys! I've been re-organized into a new role, and I can't seem to keep up. My mother-in-law recently passed away as well, so it hasn't been a great summer for us...
We went down your cove to pick up some friends and I looked over and saw your boat. I remembered the pictures you had posted of your awesome house and thought "I know that guy". The JB.NET flag on the boat confirmed it. Sorry to hear about your mother in law. We'll be at Lanier again on the way back from Bimini 2016, maybe we'll see you then.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Does anyone have any suggestions for waterfront rentals on Lanier? We're looking at meeting friends there for Memorial Day weekend. Thanks!

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Does anyone have any suggestions for waterfront rentals on Lanier? We're looking at meeting friends there for Memorial Day weekend. Thanks!
GEORGIA JET BOATERS has a fb group!

My in law lives in Alpharetta we were contemplating riding there before. Maybe with the chartplotter I will!

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi all, I am planning a vacation on Lake Lanier this summer. Lake Lanier is a good middle point from where we live in Tampa and family in Ky. I have a 2014 242 Limited in Tampa that I rarely (but have a few times for 3-4 hours each way) tow behind my truck as it is in a high and dry on the Gulf most of the time. I am wondering how easy it is to find a rental house with a dock for a week that could serve as our rental? Also, is there a better area of Lake Lanier that is closer to restaurants, shops etc. that I should target my search in? I am in need of these details to decide if I should tow the boat for 9 hours or not for this 6-7 day long vacation. I am just starting my research but thought the nice folks here could help me find the answers a little bit quicker. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Check with VRBO. I'm sure there will be a lot of options to meet your needs.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Lester We are headed to Lanier for the first time with the boat for Memorial Day. We reserved a lake house through VRBO near Baldridge Marina. It was about $200 per night for a house that sleeps 5. (I think it's $50 per night cheaper when it's not a holiday weekend.) I included a link to the property we reserved below. Lanier looks like a great lake for a family trip. Lots of things accessible from the boat, and extra entertainment for those who aren't into boating for 12 hours per day.

Here is some advice that I was given when researching our trip: The south end of the lake is the busier end. There are a lot of restaurants and activities around Lanier Islands. The north end of the lake is more remote and quieter with beautiful scenery. If you wanted to go all out, you could stay at the Legacy Lodge at Lanier Islands and be super close to all the action. There are different events throughout the summer like fireworks, boat-in movies, water toys for the kids, golf, etc... The main body can get rough during the afternoons, so you want to be careful. The water level is currently 9' below full pool.

Edit: Forgot the link. https://www.vrbo.com/296333?utm_campaign=VRBO_TRV_RES_HASC_reservationaccept_PPS&utm_content=propid_text_o_lprop&utm_term=20170225&utm_source=SYS&utm_medium=email#location

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bill D provided some great info. I will add our favorite restaurants that we frequent. Our favorites are Fish Tales, Pig Tales, Sunset Cove Cafe, Pelican Pete's, and Big Creek Tavern. All are accessible by boat. With the lake being down, there's also a lot of exposed beaches that can be found on Three Sisters Islands. We like to hang out there because you have views of the "big water" and watch the wide array of boats that come by while enjoying the day at a beach. Don't hesitate to PM if you have any specific questions on other activities on Lake Lanier.

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank you Bill and Spaz for the information!!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bump this, we need to form a yamaha cove on lake lanier

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pirates of Lanier Poker Run is July 19-21 this year. Last year was kind of a dud because a lot of boats chose to not attend in honor of some boaters that died at the 2017 run. This year is supposed to make up and be quite the show. Its really cool to see the big speed boats take off on Saturday morning from the south end of the lake. One of the guys has a matching helicopter that follows.

We are out most weekends if the weather is okay. We are usually around 6 mile creek or 4 mile creek. Rented a house farther north last weekend and may start exploring more up there...less boats and found some really nice places to wakeboard.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the north end with little kids. We put in at balus creek and hand there or north of browns bridge.

Pending weather I might take boat out this weekend solo. Wife and kids are headed to beach for week.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We will be out this coming Monday. Wife is at a youth camp with our church on lake hartwell this week and will be getting back mid day Saturday... we will be out at hartwell on the 30th and weekend following 4th of July st lanier.

I saw a red 240 looked like this past weekend in a cove near where pier29 dock used to be this last weekend.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just placed boat back in slip at Port Royale. Yamaha made good on warranty issue. I noticed this thread and I wanted to introduce myself. My family and I have been at lake Lanier now for 3 years. So looking forward to meeting other jet boaters.

Attachments

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Port is great marina have some friends who work up there. We will be out this Saturday prob 9-1ish then gotta get cleaned up for my brothers wedding.

We took youth out tonight and slung them in the tube around balus.

What times/days you usually out?

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I prefer weekdays over weekends. My wife works until 4 during the week, occasionally we will get dinner on the lake. I work 12 hr shifts so I have 4 days a week potentially for the lake (weather permitting.) I will probably be back on lake Friday through Monday if possible. If I am on lake early enough Saturday, I’ll look for you. Have fun at the wedding.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
hey folks! I'm a new boat owner and will be keeping her at Port Royale on a dry stack. Would love to meet more yamaha owners once weather gets good and learn the ropes! When do people usually start heading back to the lake?