• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Lanier - GA

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
April to cruise the lake. May to start swimming and water sports

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
hey folks! I'm a new boat owner and will be keeping her at Port Royale on a dry stack. Would love to meet more yamaha owners once weather gets good and learn the ropes! When do people usually start heading back to the lake?
Congratulations. Nice looking boat.

Port Royale is pretty nice and conveniently located. The lake is basically two sections. You are at the very top of the south section which is nice. You can get down to the spots if you want to meet up with people or go to Margaritaville. The north half of the lake is a lot calmer. We like 2 mile and 6 mile areas which is just south of Port Royale.

I agree with @Wisefam22 on Apr/May but you might get a few nice days before that.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome, I have my Yamaha winterized for now, but will return to my slip at Port Royale probably 1st week in April. Last year, I had to wash the pollen off boat often in April. I since have invested in a cover. I will keep you posted when I’m back on the lake.
Rob

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome, I have my Yamaha winterized for now, but will return to my slip at Port Royale probably 1st week in April. Last year, I had to wash the pollen off boat often in April. I since have invested in a cover. I will keep you posted when I’m back on the lake.
Rob
please do! Silly question, where does one put the cover when you go out boating? Does it fold and put it under a seat somewhere? I'll have mine on the dry stack but not sure about the cover situation.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The cover will roll up and can be stored on boat. I would choose what works best for you. For me, after April I do not plan on using cover for rest of season with one exception; Unless a bad storm comes through. I have additional storage on dock but if I were to store a cover on the boat it would be the ski locker. Hope that helps.

atldude

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
hey folks! I'm a new boat owner and will be keeping her at Port Royale on a dry stack. Would love to meet more yamaha owners once weather gets good and learn the ropes! When do people usually start heading back to the lake?
Same here! March is when I usually go a couple of times on my own without the family and it’s so peaceful out there 😂

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same here! March is when I usually go a couple of times on my own without the family and it’s so peaceful out there 😂
Awesome. I'm taking delivery March 21st!

Nauti-Nurse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depending on what week in April my kids have their spring break is usually our first launch of the season. Most years the water temp is fairly cold yet tolerable. And by tolerable I mean I tolerate watching my kids swim and lips turn blue from inside the boat lol!

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Nauti-Nurse jump over to gatherings section and lock in June 29th for a gathering with other owners in area.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Just placed boat in slip. Will try to be on lake by weekend weather permitting.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone on here have a new 242x? Saw someone in a blue one outside Sunset/Landshark without the bimini top last Sunday.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
heading out to the lake tomorrow! Has to be thunderstorm to keep me out. Man, waiting all week for lake time is killing me.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah. Been a few weeks for me. Wife is recovering from surgery. She probably wont be out next weekend but i will for sure be out.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah. Been a few weeks for me. Wife is recovering from surgery. She probably wont be out next weekend but i will for sure be out.
sending positive vibes to you and wifey!

rwheatly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Soon to be new Yamaha owner in N. Atlanta. Anyone dry stack their boat at Habersham? I'm weighing this vs. Port Royale. Habersham is closer, but I like the idea of being on the quieter/north side of the lake as well.

Also, any dry stackers that lower their tower? (2018 AR210) How does this work with covers, convenience?

Thx in advance.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey. I dry stacked at PR for a few months. I live in Roswell. Habersham didn't have any space when I called them. I went to a wet slip with a lift at PR after a few months and that made my boating life much more enjoyable. Think about that option. It is the best of both worlds. I have a friend at habersham and he likes it. But nothing like having your own slip!