• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake LBJ, Texas

mgabsa

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lake LBJ is a constant level lake located in Central Texas. Horseshoe Bay, Tx is probably the most recognized city on the lake. Some other cities (or communities) on the lake (I'm sure there are more that I did not name) are Granite Shoals, Sunset Beach and Kinglsand. The lake is 1.5 hrs north of San Antonio and 1 hr west of Austin. Lake LBJ is one of 5 lakes in the Highland Lakes.

The geography lesson was just to highlight a little about the lake.

If you boat on LBJ, watch this thread so we can all stay informed about matters relating to this lake and who knows maybe we can coordinate a Yamaha Boat gathering.

Leave a reply if you boat on LBJ so we can familiarize ourselves on this site, so if we see each other on the lake we'll already be acquainted.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We've been on LBJ a good number of times and we really enjoyed it. We have our family reunion at one of the resorts on the lake, or river, every October. Every couple of years we'll take the boat with us if the weather is favorable. We have it at the Heart of Texas lake resort in Burnett. We've also stayed at another resort in Kingsland many years ago, but I don't remember the name of it. I think I've been on most of it and have put many hours and miles on the boat looking at all the beautiful homes and boathouses that seem to cover all of the shoreline. We don't see that on most lakes because of being Corp owned waterways from what I understand. It's a beautiful area and we enjoy making the trip every year.

JetPowered

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I know it’s been a couple of years since the last response. After several years of boating LBJ, We recently purchased a place with a dock and slip. If anyone here is still boating LBJ, let me know! I do still see a bunch of Yahamas on the water.