• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Mead, NV 2018

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hitting the water tomorrow again (6/30/18). I've seen some nice Yamaha's out there! If anyone will be out, we will be at Sandy Beach. Me and my tiny 19' boat getting blasted by the wake of the big boys. Come on over and say hi! I will have plenty of beer :D

TheSchuermans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How does your 19 footer do in the windy Lake Mead conditions? We recently bought an AR195 and had a rough go of it a week ago.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Like shit. When it gets choppy as well due to the big boats, its rough. You learn to "ride the wave" though to make it smoother. I can typically move pretty good but it takes a lot of work. As far as wind, I don't mess with wind. Over 10mph and I will usually just stay home. There are plenty of days with 10mph or less :)

We did just hit up Willow Beach and cruised down to Nelson Cliffs. Ranger got my ass for drinking. I had no idea there was a 1 mile radius "alcohol free zone" from Placer Cove. We were just anchored and would swim to the cliffs. They were cool about it and asked us to move but what the fuck...... Really? All because of a few assclowns.

TheSchuermans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We’re going to check out Cottonwood Cove next. Looks really nice. I’ve never heard of a alcohol free zone

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I had never heard of it either. It is a crock of shit and almost an unwritten rule. The ranger said it was on the NPS website but I could not find it. I only found no glass/styrofoam. So I called the ranger station and they referred me to the "Lake Mead Superintendent's Compendium". Sure as shit it is in there but how do you even find that? Seems BS to me but they will ticket you and I don't mess with the Feds.

Here are a few pics. Waterfall that is at about mile 62 up river from Willow beach and of course the last corner before the dam. My kid from a week ago when we were at Sandy Beach. Good times! I jumped in the water at the waterfall, 63 degrees. It was about 115 degrees air temp when I went for a swim :D Needless to say I had difficulty battling the current back to the boat!

I would suggest dropping in at Willow Beach if you aren't set on the lower part of Lake Mohave. Much nicer of a ride down to Nelson and you also have the option of going up river (Sun/Mon closed though I believe to big boats). The drive is shorter to WB and the boat ride to Nelson Cliffs is just as long if not a bit further from CC. But, if you want the bigger part of Mohave to play in, CC is the way to go.

TheSchuermans

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip about Willow. We’re just figuring out all of the launch spots (and closures), hoping these crazy thunderstorms leave so we can get out there this coming weekend. Nice pics! What is that blue pole on your swim platform used for? Towing?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
No blue pole. Just a floaty tube and the kid is holding his water cannon that shoots quite far!

For fishing I will almost always use the old Boulder Harbor (no marine anymore). Calville if we are headed to the beach, and Willow if we are going to Mohave. Longer drive to Echo if we are hitting the Overton Arm for the weekend. I will look for your boat when we are out. I have a black/white AR190 but my tower is broken so I am running towerless right now :(