• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Mead

Koby

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We’re doing Vegas the first week of February. Would like to get out on lake mead. Any recommendations for a day trip there?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gorgeous lake, the marina rents some beat up i/os and some SX190s (yami). Watch for rocks, the water level varies and there are some that stick up right below the surface.
Definitely worth the trip however the marina may restrict the range you can travel based on weather conditions prevailing, so on a typical windy day you won't be able to go very far...

--

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
February can be very cold or mild. They did get some new rental boats last year, so they don't look as narly as those bayliners they had a few years ago. The biggest issue with Mead is the wind. I boat there a a lot, but never during the winter. If you can, venture out towards the "Straights" which is an awesome canyon that feeds from Calville into the open area of Lake mead (about 10 miles from the rental location -which is closer to the dam itself). Any experienced likely boater won't have a problem - enjoy. They also do a pretty good job marking the shallow areas, but overall much of the lake still has plenty of water (average of 100 to 200ft).

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve heard this before but didn’t check it out until tonight.

This may not or may not matter depending on your next boating location and/or how many days since you have boated in lake mead but at some of the lakes and reservoirs in CA if you declare (on a form they make you fill out before you launch, honor system, yeah I know) that you have boated in lake mead within 30 days they won’t let you launch your boat.

ACD3FB80-99B3-49D1-8650-7EDC26CD0997.pngA8B2536B-A5E5-4FA6-AAE0-B35677FF8E39.png

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you bring your own boat, just be sure to dry it out completely. I’ve hosted all over California, arizona and Nevada. Typically 2-3 days and enduring host is dry - and you’ll pass inspection. Most of us on the forum already take good care of our hosts, including frying wiping down and drying. The only mistake you can do when going to a non-infested lake is washing your boat the day before and not drying it down. In California - they inspect our clean out ports for our Yamahas to look for any water. (Since their is no out drive to lift).