• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Moultrie Ramp

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What’s the best boat ramp to launch the boat and leave the truck overnight? I have heard Hills landing is a bit rough.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hills landing is rough... are you going down the river to Charleston? There is a ramp just south of the locks with nice floating ramp, slight grade.

Can go up river through locks and then ride back down for experience.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is picture from Google maps. Idk anything about the ramp and over night parking thoughScreenshot_20190705-190539_Maps.jpg

Last edited:

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hills landing is rough... are you going down the river to Charleston? There is a ramp just south of the locks with nice floating ramp, slight grade.

Can go up river through locks and then ride back down for experience.
Thanks for the advice, I have a 2WD F150 so was worried about that ramp. I would prefer to launch in Moultrie so I get the fresh water rinse on the way back. Are there other good ramps on the lake with overnight parking? What about the place just N of Hills Landing?

Yes - we are planning the run down the Cooper to Charleston.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I honestly think that river is almost 100% fresh up there... pretty strong current. I have a 2wd 150 and asked someone to hook my trailer up to there 4x4 to pull our boat out and swapped... its steep, wet,loose and then at some point back of ramp levels out so really weird to get boat in anyways.

Flushing via hose isnt that bad to use a nicer ramp imo

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hills is definitely a rough ramp for anything over a john boat.

Checkout Blacks Camp, it is on the western end of Lake Moultrie, near where the diversion canal and Lake Moultrie meet. The land around the ramp and the ramp itself are flat. Not 100% but with all the folks going fishing out of there I bet they allow overnight parking.