• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LAKE OCONEE COMES TO HGTV this Sunday night @ 8 pm !!!!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
LAKE OCONEE COMES TO HGTV !

Well, finally you too can see a little about WHY we seem to love talkin’ all of the time about beautiful Lake Oconee. This is the same lake where Carrie Underwood chose to have her wedding @ the Ritz Carlton on Lake Oconee, a few years ago.

After HouseHunters, a show virtually everyone has seen on TV at least once, then HGTV hit it big with a new series, shown on Sunday nights called Beachfront Bargain Hunt. It has gone over so big, they have expanded it now to another new series called Lakefront Bargain Hunt. The first 2 LFBH shows were shown on Labor Day Monday – not sure why on that date. But the REAL “kick off” is this Sunday !!!!!!!

Set your DVR’s for HGTV @ 8 pm on this Sunday night, as Lakefront Bargain Hunt premiers on Lake Oconee, GA. The realtor chosen is my great friend and fishing partner, Ed Okenica. The couple they selected is just dynamite, Sarah and Brett Newman. They are young professionals, married just 9 years. Young, vivacious, tons of fun, good looking.

Better yet, SOME of the filming was done at our home, in our backyard. We are not “part” of the show – HGTV simply used our backyard as a stage for some of the interviews. My guess is whie HGTV was with us for over 8 hours on a Sunday a month ago, our small part will wind up being only a few seconds of the show. “Oh Ye of so little Faith!” …….. LOL !

You can see photos of the show and filming, including a ton in our backyard at THIS website ... ==> http://lakeoconee.com/hgtv/

Go down to the fourth “section” of photos entitled “Which Did They Pick? Shot in Harbor Club” (our gated community). And that’s me peering into all of the cameras, etc. wearing a pair of white shorts.

During the show, there will also be some shots of Brett and Sarah water skiing and enjoying Lake Oconee.

Lots of fun, and most likely an enjoyable 30 mins of your time. Will be interested in your opinions later.
Again, THIS Sunday night, Sept 14th, @ 8 pm on HGTV !

By the way ….. There are only 10 lakes scheduled for this new Series. Maybe they’ll wait to see how the ratings do before committing to more lakes.

Anyways …… Barbie and I thought y’all might enjoy seeing this.
Best Wishes to all, Mikey (and Barbie) Lulejian – Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Wow @MikeyL great set up you have there! I will definitely set the DVR. This show always amazes me. Our 10K acre lake demands nearly $200 a foot for a fixer upper. Supply and demand at its greatest! Its nuts watching this show and seeing what 200-300K can get you on nicer lakes and beach front.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice place Mikey. Looking forward to seeing the new show. I'm curious to see what other lakes they end up at.

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
About time HGTV gave Georgia some love! Now if I could get a Yard Crashers type show to tackle my yard I'd be in heaven!!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you found your lil'slice of heaven on earth Mikey. Beautiful. :cool:

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've stayed at that Ritz. Was there for a few days and played golf at Reynolds Plantation. Unbelievable hotel!!!! Unbelievable golf!! One day we rented a pontoon from the hotel and toured the lake. If I ever win the powerball I swear I'm buying one of those houses!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very nice spread! Love your grass.....I'll see you on the lake in 30 years when I retire!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Time is EST, I assume?

And pic 2 in that set has a nice Yammi on display... :)

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well, all we know is it's on @ 8 pm EST. We don't know about other time zones.
All of those photos were taken in our backyard. Tim, many thanks for the nice remark about "pic 2" ... That's Barbie's MISS B'HAVEN" !
We appreciate everyone's very nice comments.
Keep 'em coming !@Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - And yes ......... That's my
Emerald Zoysia lawn, that I am very proud of. VERY proud .......... LOL !

Last edited:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Many Thanks. Just got back from the big "viewing party" with "the cast."

It was soooooooooooooo much FUN. Barbie and I are simply just still thrilled we were even asked to participate.

Wishing everyone a most Blessed week ahead. And may the Sports Gods lay a Special Blessing on ANY team within the confines of the state of Georgia ... for example .... like our Ga Bulldogs, the Atlanta Falcons and the Atlanta Braves - ALL of whom laid BIG GOOSE EGGS all over the sporting landscape the past three days.

Mikey Lulejian - Livin' the Dream on Beautiful Lake Oconee, GA

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just watched this tonight. Looks like I need to put in a transfer at work. Can anyone draft a letter to the Postmaster General for me explaining my need for a transfer.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@lddv1224 ! Come'on down ! We'ld love to have you here !

Enjoy a great week ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Damn, I missed it. . . . Is there a replay in the future?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There should be. I'll let you know as soon as we're told.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice pics at the link there. . . .

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very nice! I watched the show too! It was well done.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I DVR'd it last night and just finished watching it. Nice representation of Oconee. I don't think you can find any homes of any size under $500K in the south side of Lake Lanier. If I can find one, I would be all over it. For now, I am just a 15 min drive from the lake so it is acceptable.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does the lake maintain its level all year?

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I saw it! Our family always went to Lake Oconee when I was a kid. I have driven over it a few times on travels between Atlanta and Augusta/Columbia, but never on the water since I was 13. I remember the water was usually a bit muddy, lots of standing timber (good fishing) and there were very few houses- I don't even remember one. It looks very nice now. Maybe I'll take my kids there sometime.