• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake of the Ozarks Guys

2011KR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good Evening All!

Just about to close on our condo and looking to pull the trigger on a 2015 AR240. This will be our first boat although we boat there a few times a year with family. They are all on the state park side so I know we'll have no problems there and will most likely go over there a majority of the time but just wanted to see how well the boat will handle the main channel. Our condo is around the 13MM.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure what you mean by handle the main channel. I haven't had any problems with mine handling some really strong currents and some large wave in Long Island sound. Up to 3 footers and you can still make good headway. I did add the thrust vectors and it does help it hold a line better and slow speed steering is great. I have the springs set really tight so they stay down most of the time even at speed.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@007 has a place there and knows the lake well. The ar240 is a very nice boat! Welcome!

2011KR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, I didn't word that very well. I was mainly just looking for confirmation that it'll handle rough waters just fine for my wife's piece of mind! The boat I'm looking at was a demo and they added thrust vectors also!

Reactions: 007

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 2015 has the keep so it will handle the rough water better than any earlier Yamaha's especially with the addition of aftermarket fins.

My understanding is that Lake Of The Ozarks gets very busy and rough on holiday weekends. No 24 foot boat is going to do very well when cabin cruisers are running up and down the lake very well. My opinion is that you find that the AR240 handles the rough water as well as anything else in its class. We take Yamaha's to Bimini Bahamas crossing the Gulf Stream every year. Even 19 footers crossed in tightly spaced 4 to 6 foot waves this year.

BobJohnson

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
Closing on condo on lake and buying boat. Living the dream. Jealous. Congratulations!!!!

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One guy has his down there with trim tabs on it and it dose pretty good !!! I forgot his name , @jcyamaharider , what's his name ?

2011KR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Closing on condo on lake and buying boat. Living the dream. Jealous. Congratulations!!!!
Well I guess really my parents are closing on a condo and buying a boat. They've contemplated it a few years as its a good meeting spot for us. I guess having a kid was the deciding factor so they can see him more!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure what you mean by handle the main channel. I haven't had any problems with mine handling some really strong currents and some large wave in Long Island sound. Up to 3 footers and you can still make good headway. I did add the thrust vectors and it does help it hold a line better and slow speed steering is great. I have the springs set really tight so they stay down most of the time even at speed.

When you are on LOTO in the main channel there are 60+ footers going by at 100 MPH and then 75 ft cruisers making ocean type waves. It is nuts but our boats do fine as long as you know what you are doing. The main channel isn't for the faint of heart and will test your captain skills.

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Depends on when you go out. Used to stay around the 13mm. Would go wakeboarding early in the am on the main channel and ducked in when the lake woke up. I would run the main to the state park. It would get a little crazy out there in my AR230, but I always got home ok. Your 240 should do fine if you take your time and stay out of the big boys way. Lake is totally different on Sunday afternoon, weekdays and the off season. This is my favorite time of year to boat down there! Yes, this is Labor Day in the State Park by our condo...the rain scared everyone away and it was awesome on the lake!image.jpg

Last edited:

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When you are on LOTO in the main channel there are 60+ footers going by at 100 MPH and then 75 ft cruisers making ocean type waves. It is nuts but our boats do fine as long as you know what you are doing. The main channel isn't for the faint of heart and will test your captain skills.
Lol!! That might be a wee bit of an exaggeration, but there are plenty of 100mph boats on that lake and"Miller Time" I think is still the big Predator at 68 feet. All that makes for a washing machine out there on weekends for sure!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
68, 75 still makes a huge wave!!