• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake of the Ozarks

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey everyone!!!! Headed to Lake of the Ozarks for a work conference next week and wanted to bring the boat. Anyone in that area want to let me know how boating conditions are right now. The wife is freaking out because the weather apps say 30% chance of rain, but here in San Antonio 30% = 5% chance. Just dont want to tow all the way there to have it sitting on the trailer all week. Thanks in advance.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
30% rain means 70% no rain. Would you play the lotto with 70% chance of winning??? Might just be morning showers or evening showers. I’d be taking the boat even if you only get out for a day.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We took our 24 footer there last summer, July 4th week, was there for 8 days. Most of the boats there are 30 to 45 footers. super rough unless going early in the morning or late evening. Lots of smaller boats, pontoons in the docks, makes me wonder when they run them. Stay closer to shore if going out in the day. Not quite as bad. Will never go back unless I have allot bigger boat.

meaningreen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd take the boat, during the weekend is very different then during the week. The larger boats usually only come out on weekends or holiday weeks. It also depends on what part of the lake you are going to be on. The main channel is always busy on the weekends, but the farther away you are from the main channel the calmer it gets. It's been chilly and overcast but not horrible conditions. Water will be in the lower 70's so not swimming temp but cruising is fine.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I wouldn't go out in a 195 in the main area on the weekend, unless your running up one of the non-busy arms to get away from the ocean cruisers. During the week you would be perfectly fine.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just be careful and watch out for money-laundering drug cartels.

Last edited:

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Appreciate everyones input. Based on the comments, where is considered the 'main area' or 'main channel'? I will be coming from the Margaritaville Resort side of the lake. Not sure how far I'll venture from there.

hapyfishrmn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Margaritaville Resort sits on the main channel of the lake. I would head south/west along the lake. You should be able to find some stretches of areas with good coves to relax or towing. I would not head north towards the Gland Glaze bridge or towards the Party Cove area. It would be very rough even on the edges of the main channel. Early morning and weekdays are good times to get out and enjoy the lake.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree with hapyfishrmn, if you head south then west around that arm, you should be fine. You would be heading "up" the mile markers, the lower the number the more crowded the lake will be.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We try to make it to the ozarks one week or more every year. We went from MM1 to MM47 (and back to MM1) on a 26ft tritoon without an issue last year during the week; really not my cup of tea by boat but the In-Laws wanted "the experience," and to get to Big Dicks Halfway Inn bar and restaurant. The key is vacationing there during the week like most have said. When we went out on Friday it really wasn't busy until the late afternoon, and we still didn't get rocked by a bunch of wakes either, granted we were on a 26ft tritoon as well. For the weekend it will get hairy so keep an eye out for sure. We will be traveling with our AR230 next weekend, 10-13th.

Below is the main channel and a MM Map under that. Starts at the dam in the top right (Lake Ozark/Lakeside area - MM1) and goes all the way down past Mansfield Forest State Wildlife. Stop by Paradise around MM24 and you're at MM25-26, so pretty easy boat ride; they have fuel, food, drinks, etc. If you want to make a trip up to MM10ish, Franky & Louie's Beach Front Bar & Grill is awesome too. Just be smart if it gets busy and you'll be fine. You'll see lots of state patrol monitoring the main channel as well pending how far you travel. If you haven't done a boater education course Missouri requires it for anyone born after 1984, just FYI.

main channel.jpg

MM Map.jpg

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Still conflicted lol, suppose to leave tomorrow morning. To prep the boat or not to prep 🤔

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I wouldn't fool with it with that forecast, but we all know that can possibly change. But 70% for multiple days in a row is enough to deter me ...lol

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The way the weather channel looks to me is it will rain one or two days. Not sure what the top app is from, it looks like accuweather but when I pull up accuweather it almost mirrors weather channel

C7B4AC3D-DB4F-486F-B4B0-7A053DC17DC1.png

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
As the cautious type, i dont want to chance it. However i know i would be aggravated if i was there all week and only saw light rain for a short period of time.

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would assume a couple days will be a wash out. A couple others will be useable but I’m not sure I would tow if your coming from far away.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We did 5 days in Destin, 2 were too windy & cold to go out but still well worth dragging the boat along. You know if you don’t take it there will be no rain during the times you would have went out.

Alex Miranda

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I would assume a couple days will be a wash out. A couple others will be useable but I’m not sure I would tow if your coming from far away.
About 12.5hr drive 😬

sleek98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Alex Miranda What was your final call? I am a little north of you and it looks great, but I know it can rain down there while still being sunny here.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hope you took the boat! Weather looks to be great down in the Ozarks this week, besides the slight chance today and tomorrow!! We can't wait to get down there Thursday.