• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake of the Ozarks

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Was wondering if anyone goes to Lake of the Ozarks for the shootout? I plan on renting a house around Osage beach. Gonna take my Baja. What are some cool places to check out?

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh man, so many places at the ozarks…. How big is your Baja? Our AR230 handled very well Mon-Fri, Saturday wasn’t too comfortable and we only went a few miles on the main channel, except when we went for a night ride it was smooth and saw fireworks and some awesome Christmas light decorations in august haha! We stayed at MM10 though. Obviously down towards the shootout there will be zones where it’s high idle speed and then no wake zone for the race area.

You’re going to be staying around the MM20 I assume, since that’s Osage area. Dog days is one of our favorite bars, and it’s at MM19. Kid and adult pool, plenty of space even with a lot of people. Paradise Bar is cool as well, MM24, no pool but food is good and they have fuel too. If you’re staying for awhile we love to have breakfast at Jolly Rodgers which is up the Gravois arm so it would be a jaunt to get there from where you are but great buffet style breakfast. When you’re in the no wake zone for the shootout Capt Rons is very close around there. And then up at MM47 Big Dicks Halfway Inn is a must to visit, pretty cheap and great food (shrimp tacos are our favorite), and their gift shop is awesome.

Take quite a few smaller bills for tips for dock girls/guys. I wanna say you’ll probably be able to see fireworks at margaritaville resort (MM26) which is also near the Land Shark bar.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Oh man, so many places at the ozarks…. How big is your Baja? Our AR230 handled very well Mon-Fri, Saturday wasn’t too comfortable and we only went a few miles on the main channel, except when we went for a night ride it was smooth and saw fireworks and some awesome Christmas light decorations in august haha! We stayed at MM10 though. Obviously down towards the shootout there will be zones where it’s high idle speed and then no wake zone for the race area.

You’re going to be staying around the MM20 I assume, since that’s Osage area. Dog days is one of our favorite bars, and it’s at MM19. Kid and adult pool, plenty of space even with a lot of people. Paradise Bar is cool as well, MM24, no pool but food is good and they have fuel too. If you’re staying for awhile we love to have breakfast at Jolly Rodgers which is up the Gravois arm so it would be a jaunt to get there from where you are but great buffet style breakfast. When you’re in the no wake zone for the shootout Capt Rons is very close around there. And then up at MM47 Big Dicks Halfway Inn is a must to visit, pretty cheap and great food (shrimp tacos are our favorite), and their gift shop is awesome.

Take quite a few smaller bills for tips for dock girls/guys. I wanna say you’ll probably be able to see fireworks at margaritaville resort (MM26) which is also near the Land Shark bar.
I got a 34ft baja. I'll be there Aug 24-29th. But on Saturday and Sunday I'll be posted up watching the shootout.

meaningreen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a 34ft baja. I'll be there Aug 24-29th. But on Saturday and Sunday I'll be posted up watching the shootout.
That'll be fine, there is a lot of no wake zones during shootout. Tons of places on the water in Osage, but if you want to venture out off the water Ozark Distillery and Brewery is great, Ozark Beer CO and Lake of the Ozark Brewing Company are good as well. It's on the opposite side of the lake but if you like Chocolate the Littlest Chocolatier is a fun place to browse. (Sunset Beach area) The owners are great people.