• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Powell houseboat advice

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We got a houseboat trip coming up out of wahweap in a week. We're doing 5 or 6 days on a 52' boat with a Yamaha sx230 (buddies) and my fx140 wave runner. Anybody have any advice on cool coves to stay in, tips for towing the boats, or other tips? I'm looking forward to it! Powell is probably the most beautiful part of the mighty Colorado River, and maybe the most beautiful part of the west coast! 165mi long with 2200 miles of coast line, more than San Diego to Seattle.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Jgorm How was your trip? I hope you guys had a great time. Can’t see how you wouldn’t. I have always wanted to do Lake Powell. Our Yamaha 212s finally came in and I was looking to set up a trip next year. When I do some research online they say there are zero boat ramps which seems odd. Did you have to rent all the sx230 and if there’s no ramp, how did you launch the Waverunner?

Any information and advice would be much appreciated!!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
There are ramps that match the lake in sizeIMG_0823.jpg

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
There are ramps that match the lake in sizeView attachment 133034
That is a big ramp and a lot of boats. I figured there had to be ramps. Do you always get a houseboat or have you put on and taken off each day ever? Never done a houseboat and thought about getting a place and just putting on each day.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Haven't done the house boat yet, just can't get excited about towing my boat 3000 miles round trip and I won't go without it. The resorts are kinda pricey but not outlandishly so, did look into it a few years ago but the trip fell though. Could stay in Page also. No expert on the lake, I've just stopped a few times when in the area

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Haven't done the house boat yet, just can't get excited about towing my boat 3000 miles round trip and I won't go without it. The resorts are kinda pricey but not outlandishly so, did look into it a few years ago but the trip fell though. Could stay in Page also. No expert on the lake, I've just stopped a few times when in the area
We might do the resort option. We won’t go without our boat, but I’ve seen people who get a houseboat and “park” it in a cove and tie up the Yamaha boat to the houseboat. Then you can play on the lake without having to leave it. Seemed like a fun time! If there’s resorts conveniently close, that seems fun too. Thank you!!

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
The resorts I was checking out were the one at Wahweap sp?, where the ramp in the pic is and another in Bullfrog both are park concession operations I believe. Still may get there one day, wife is big on the idea.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The larger Aramark Resort is at Wahweap. There are concessions at Wahweap, Stateline, Antellope Point, Bullfrog, Dangling Rope.

Dangling Rope is primarily boat access only.

dzeppos

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Typically - people coming north or east (Salt Lake, Denver, or further East got to Bullfrog. People coming from AZ or CA go to Wahweap.
Wahweap and Bullfrong are at least 2 hours or more apart from each other by car. I never did Bullfrog, but Wahweap has everything you need. Ramps decent and marina is nice as well. Dangling rope is a good midway point to get gas. There is also Antelope Point -and its a really nice marina (on west end) - but the choice of rental houseboats is poor.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Typically - people coming north or east (Salt Lake, Denver, or further East got to Bullfrog. People coming from AZ or CA go to Wahweap.
Wahweap and Bullfrong are at least 2 hours or more apart from each other by car. I never did Bullfrog, but Wahweap has everything you need. Ramps decent and marina is nice as well. Dangling rope is a good midway point to get gas. There is also Antelope Point -and its a really nice marina (on west end) - but the choice of rental houseboats is poor.
Awesome! I will be checking into it. Thank you!!

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I was actually supposed to be On Lake Powell this very week and next week on a houseboat out of Wahweap. The plan was to tow my Chaparral, and stay aboard the houseboat. Thanks Covid. I think the boat ramp on he Utah side is much bigger, And to think I started backing down like any other public launch until I was directed to just drive down and U turn out....:rolleyes:

Capture.JPG

Utah man am i

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is a big ramp and a lot of boats. I figured there had to be ramps. Do you always get a houseboat or have you put on and taken off each day ever? Never done a houseboat and thought about getting a place and just putting on each day.
we go every year to bullfrog and stay in the campgrounds. we put in and pull out daily. we are thinking about getting a houseboat next year.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was actually supposed to be On Lake Powell this very week and next week on a houseboat out of Wahweap. The plan was to tow my Chaparral, and stay aboard the houseboat. Thanks Covid. I think the boat ramp on he Utah side is much bigger, And to think I started backing down like any other public launch until I was directed to just drive down and U turn out....:rolleyes:

View attachment 133205
The Wahweap ramp is gigantic. When you say "bigger" I think you mean "longer" :). I'm actually not sure which ramp is longer. LP is still near 3600' elevation. I think the only ramp down that way that's out of the water soon is going to be Antelope Point Marina's ramp.