• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake scum on hull

Ray F

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone have any recommendations for removing lake scum from hull? A good hull cleaner would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Lurch

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
I use barkeepers friend on a white hull.

Cargodog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We use straight lemon juice. You can get it in liter bottles from Sams. Put some in the garden sprayer, spray down the scum and let it do its thing. Give it a day or two on the hull and you'll be amazed at the job it does. Way better than breathing in all that acid.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
1631537386920.png

I am super happy with Starbrite. It's like magic. I put it in a spray bottle and use upwind. I've also watered down Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner a little (from the Dollar Store.) Its much cheaper and does a great job but it contains muriatic acid which I was concerned would eat at metal. But the concentration is low and it doesn't stay on longer that a couple of minutes before a wash it off...So I have both on hand now. But at the back of the boat where there are nozzles and fins and everything, I stick to Starbrite

Hockeyguy1960

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
After running out of the Starbright hull cleaner I tried the Krud Kutter boat and vehicle wash and I got out most of my algae and scaling from last year! Of course I was on a mechanics creeper under the hull most of the day with a grill pad cleaner and an extended toilet brush but it got the job done! Gonna apply the meguirs spray wax next!

t1bray

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
white Vinegar let set for 5 min spray off.