• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Smithville MO anybody?

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Our “home” lake is Blue Springs Lake and we can be on there in 15 minutes. Been going there for 7 years now and we go all the time, even after work in the Summer. Didn’t have our boat this Summer though. We’ve been to Ozarks and the atmosphere is great, but hate the lake as it’s just way to rough. If you get down the lake some, it’s probably better, but near the channel, no thanks. We went to Stockton last year and two weeks ago and we love it down there.

We love to go to other lakes. We did Smithville a few years back and camped on the lake and had a good time. Smithville almost seems big compared to Blue Springs. Blue Springs isn’t bad because of the county pass requirements, might get a few who pay the $25/day, but it’s mostly locals who do the yearly pass which keeps the traffic down somewhat, though it seems to get worse every year.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes I'm also 15min from Blue springs. We started going there in 2004 with our '98 exciter. We would go 2 to 3 times a week. When I worked on weekends it was great we had the run of the lake. Now we have the 242 it feels crowded on the weekends. Smithville is nice due to having shore access they even have a chill little party cove.

My issue with B.S.. lake is the yr pass is $30 + $.90 per hp = $354 S.V. lake is $140 for truck + boat. So S.V. will probably be home for next yr

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Yes I'm also 15min from Blue springs. We started going there in 2004 with our '98 exciter. We would go 2 to 3 times a week. When I worked on weekends it was great we had the run of the lake. Now we have the 242 it feels crowded on the weekends. Smithville is nice due to having shore access they even have a chill little party cove.

My issue with B.S.. lake is the yr pass is $30 + $.90 per hp = $354 S.V. lake is $140 for truck + boat. So S.V. will probably be home for next yr
I hear you Jacovii. It does feel crowded. That’s why we try to go other places at times. It’s nice not having a posted HP on my new Yamaha as I can pretty much tell them a HP that makes the annual fee something I’m comfortable with. Rather than 360HP, I am thinking more like 200HP.

Our Glastron has no HP marked on the boat or the registration needed to get the pass. I’m assuming this Yamaha will be the same. We had something that showed the 250HP as we had for supercharged motor, but it wasn’t the registration or the title. Nothing on the motor or boat showed a HP and nothing on our Yamaha shows a HP. I heard Yamaha stopped putting HP ratings on there jet motors.

For me I can’t see us making Smithville home. We do Longview once per year usually, Ozarks once or twice and Stockton a time or two. We’d like to mix in a trip to Bull Shoals too. Wouldn’t mind doing a winter trip to Lake Mead or Havasu. BS fills in all the gaps well. If we’re wakeboarding, we go early or stay late, otherwise we find a cove and it’s really pretty awesome.

KC-AR240

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Smithville Lake twice a week for us. We'll be there Sunday... It'll be a political day with 500 + already confirmed so it's going to be ugly crowded if you visit then.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Smithville Lake twice a week for us. We'll be there Sunday... It'll be a political day with 500 + already confirmed so it's going to be ugly crowded if you visit then.
I want to go any info on the get together. I have missed the others

Last edited:

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thank you!! I’d love to represent, but not likely to wait in those kind of lines at the ramp. Especially with the high forecasted at 78 degrees. Have a great time!!!