• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Texoma Memorial Day

Propless2019

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone heading to Texoma Memorial Day 2020? I am sure there will be plenty boats on the lake and it will be crowded. This will be our first time on Texoma in our boat. A little apprehensive due to our little boat compared to the monsters that are out there.

Where is the best place for a “non-member” to put in and where are the best cruising around areas?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Please be careful. I do not know your boating history but typically big holidays bring all kinds of boaters to the water. I'm sure there will be plenty of drinking and craziness (especially returning) that it may be better to be a spectator than a participant. Just saying...please be careful especially in uncharted water.

Propless2019

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for that Dean.

g2griz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Spent lots of summer vacations at Texoma (the Big Lake as we called it). Starting as a young boy until our own kids got older. I don’t believe we ever went there on Memorial Day but did for several 4th of July’s.

The islands are the best spot on the lake but you’ll have to get there early on a holiday. Motoring up to the dam is worth it.

Our boats were 16 to 18 foot in size. (Sometimes it took two trips to get everyone & stuff out to the islands when we had everyone along.) We never found the big boats to be a particular problem. Wake crossings should be done carefully of course. The lake is big enough to handle a lot of boats. Also, since it’s so big, thunderstorms can really kick up some danger waves & wind. Keep an eye on the weather

Propless2019

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Griz. Our boat is a 2019 242 Limited Yamaha. Hopefully we should be good

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In planning on being there from Friday till Sunday afternoon. We are camping at the state park on the Oklahoma side. I'm hoping weather won't be too bad. Looks like some rain is expected.

Propless2019

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Morning Capt,
We are heading down from OKC early Saturday morning. We are staying at Tanglewood Resort until Sunday. I think the rain chance is higher Sunday, although it looks like they had some weather blow through this morning.
I will be on the lookout for your white over blue Yamaha. Ours is a white over blue 242 Limited E.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just spent the last two days on texoma, first time. We went to the north island and hung out, was pretty cool and then Spent some time tubing and running around.

one thing To note if you don’t have a depth gauge or chart plotter I’d recommend it. It seems that you can be in 2 foot of water and then in 50 ft of water quick. Lots of low points randomly.

I have always heard about the beaches but never been. I see why people like to go now the kids loved it.

I attached some pictures. I imaging it will be quite a bit more populated holiday weekend.
183EBF3A-036F-4CF8-BFAD-5EB979F8BABF.jpeg6509185A-29F3-45AF-ABC1-4FD5DD5352BD.jpeg

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Morning Capt,
We are heading down from OKC early Saturday morning. We are staying at Tanglewood Resort until Sunday. I think the rain chance is higher Sunday, although it looks like they had some weather blow through this morning.
I will be on the lookout for your white over blue Yamaha. Ours is a white over blue 242 Limited E.
I'll definitely keep an eye out for you. Have fun and be safe!

Propless2019

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
BOat1n,
That looks awesome. We are looking forward to cruising around the lake. I am sure there will be boats and people everywhere this weekend.
Thanks for the lookout about depth and plotter. We have both.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We spent Saturday and Sunday on Texoma and stayed at Tanglewood as well. We had a time finding finding a hangout place out of the wind and not getting sandblasted. Treasure was a no go because of that and the cut on Wood would have been too crazy and probably not family friendly. So we headed to West beach which is on the Oklahoma shoreline facing east. We had a bumpy ride over mainly do to the wind and lots of open water. It was worth it though since we found a nice and uncrowded beach and a breeze to keep us comfortable. We had some friends to join us in their boats and jetskis a little later. Beautiful day! Sunday wasn't as pretty, but we still had fun with friends and dodged some intense thunderstorms by running from them. We made a run to the marina when there was a break in the weather to get her on the trailer and covered before the next round was to blow in. We got her all put away and went to the room for showers and went to dinner at an awesome mom and pop type tex-mex restaurant. It was so good that we're going back this weekend when we pick the boat up from getting some sound and light upgrades. I'll post some pics in a different thread most likely. We then drove home Monday in pouring rain thankful to not be towing. This weekend is shaping up to be a beauty to make up for last weekend.

Propless2019

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We spent Saturday and Sunday on Texoma and stayed at Tanglewood as well. We had a time finding finding a hangout place out of the wind and not getting sandblasted. Treasure was a no go because of that and the cut on Wood would have been too crazy and probably not family friendly. So we headed to West beach which is on the Oklahoma shoreline facing east. We had a bumpy ride over mainly do to the wind and lots of open water. It was worth it though since we found a nice and uncrowded beach and a breeze to keep us comfortable. We had some friends to join us in their boats and jetskis a little later. Beautiful day! Sunday wasn't as pretty, but we still had fun with friends and dodged some intense thunderstorms by running from them. We made a run to the marina when there was a break in the weather to get her on the trailer and covered before the next round was to blow in. We got her all put away and went to the room for showers and went to dinner at an awesome mom and pop type tex-mex restaurant. It was so good that we're going back this weekend when we pick the boat up from getting some sound and light upgrades. I'll post some pics in a different thread most likely. We then drove home Monday in pouring rain thankful to not be towing. This weekend is shaping up to be a beauty to make up for last weekend.
PEARCE,
That sounds like our run. We started at the “resort” when we got to Texoma at around 10:30. Ran the Texas shore for about two hours at 10-12 mph, just chillin then across to the other side where the chop was getting good. Cruised between the islands, didn’t stop but saw a lot of nice boats then headed to Sunset to meet some friends. Parked on the shore between a red Cobalt and a blue 212X. Chilled and hung out with some friends who both live on the Oklahoma side then ran back around 5:30-6. Hung out at the bar because by then we couldn’t drive anywhere 🍻. We left around 12:30 and beat the rain.
We are thinking Tenkiller this weekend. It is a smaller lake but very chill, good party cove and the lake patrol is professional but not over bearing.
I, as well, have other pics that should go into a different thread.

Attachments

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Out of curiosity does anyone know someone that owns a private dock on texoma or has experience with the ownership side?

I May have an opportunity to purchase a private dock and just trying to understand how the process works and also what the normal rate they sell for is.

Jet Boat Okie

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Fellas, I’m heading Texoma the 28th-7th. I’ll be unloading at Caney and/or Soldier Creek. I hope there isn’t too much debris from all the rain in that part of the lake.

Anyway, if anyone is around shoot me a PM and I’ll buy you a beer at Barbey or get you one from the cooler!

Safe travels!