• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Wisconsin

midwest22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey All,

I'm planning on heading to Lake Wisconsin tomorrow. Looking at using Sunset Bay launch. Anyone have tips of good sandbars, places to stop for food, things to avoid, or how this launch is compared to others in the area?

Thanks!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey All,

I'm planning on heading to Lake Wisconsin tomorrow. Looking at using Sunset Bay launch. Anyone have tips of good sandbars, places to stop for food, things to avoid, or how this launch is compared to others in the area?

Thanks!
Sent you a PM with my phone number, give me a call.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've heard lots of good things about Lake Wisconsin - have fun.

ryanweber24

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've only used Whalen Grade landing so I can't comment on the Sunset Bay. Parking at Whalen Grade has been busy on weekends. The lot at Sunset looks bigger. We've enjoyed Fitz's on the Lake but haven't tried other restaurants yet. There are a few shallow areas around the lake but channels are well marked. Its a nice ride on the river headed towards Sauk City - deeper water and not many stumps. When headed north, I wouldn't go much past the I-90 bridge unless you have a chart plotter as it can get very shallow in spots. You'll see several good beaches between the lake the I-90 bridge when heading north. Those will be best options for swimming. Enjoy the day!

midwest22

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks @ryanweber24 that mirrors what Scott had to say. Looking forward to getting to a lake where I actually want to spend time in the water!

Bucky Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hey All-

Been following for a while, but just joined. I wasn’t sure where to post, but you all seem like the right people to talk to. Wife and I just got a place on the river a bit south of the interstate toward Lake Wisconsin. We grew up on lakes in MN, but never been on a jet boat. Looks to me like an AR or SX 190 is great for our needs, river depth, and desire to keep it in a garage. Any recs on where to get one? I want to start with a used one…lots of house renovations in my future. I’m having a really hard time finding anything at all in WI looking at Boat Trader, etc. on the internet. I found one dealer in IN and one in MN with a couple each, one on Lake Winnebago with one (that I don’t want), and a couple private sellers in MI. What am I missing? Much appreciated!

Kong26

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a place on Lake Wisconsin too and just bought a ‘23 195s from Skipper Buds in Madison. The past 2 years there hasn’t been much 19’ jet boat inventory in the Chicagoland up to Central WI area from what I saw doing the same type of searches you are doing.

Bucky Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks. I was thinking it was me. I might do the same as you. I reached out to a place on Lake Winnebago with a couple in stock. If I go that route I’ll look at Skipper Buds too. I’d just really like to save a few bucks with a used one.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you’re referring to Team Winnebagoland in Oshkosh then you’re on the right track - I’ve bought two Yamaha’s from them in the past four years. The sales guys that I bought my boats from have moved on to other dealers so I’m not familiar with the current sales crew but the service team has treated me well. It looks like they have several 21’ as well and if you go visit them you may want to walk around in one to compare to the 19’. Since they’ve built up some used stock it will be interesting if they budge on price - they didn’t when I bought my current boat back in 2020 during the COVID craze.

Bucky Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks. Yep, that’s the place. Of course they’re more focused on selling a ‘23 than anything else. FYI, before finding a place on Lake WI we were looking closely at Lake Poygan and that area. I really appreciated your tips on places and stories about what to do. It seems like a great area with a ton of options up there.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Glad you found the info helpful and good luck with your boat search - it seems to be turning more towards a buyers market.

Bucky Boater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
A little it seems, but not much. Given the state of the economy (and since it’s November) I’ve got the luxury of some time to see if I can get a decent deal. To your prior post, I could probably squeeze a 21’ in the garage, but the 19 is a better option right now. I think we’ll end up getting something bigger, but not for a few seasons.