• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lake Wissota, WI

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am traveling to Lake Wissota next week and was wondering if anyone has any information on boating there. We will be towing our AR230HO up there.

Any information on launches, bars, restaurants, or hazards would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Eric

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow, E Popper. That is quite a ways up there. Have fun and please take pictures.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Never been there myself but I'd suggest Google Maps and Street View to get an idea of the lay of the land. I've done that to check out unfamiliar areas. Many times the google car actually takes a pass through the launch ramps (if it's a park) so you can see what you're dealing with.

Remember you'll be in the Northwoods so it's possible you'll be a ways from any kind of decent stores so plan for that. I'd at least figure out where the nearest Wal-Mart and hardware store are relative to where you're staying. You'd hate to have to shut the whole vacation down while you're searching for a 5/16" nut that fell off of something critical.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks.

I'm sort of anal so I carry quite a few tools and other supplies.

I've looked at the satellite map and printed out a map from the Wisconsin DNR. We also have a GPS on board.

The vacation actually isn't a boating vacation. We travel every summer to the area to visit some friends and have always rented a pontoon on Holcomb Flowage. We have so much fun doing that, we were inspired to buy the Yamaha. Unfortunately there are no more pontoons available for rental so we are taking ours this year.

The only real challenge is going to be the launch location. It looks like there are launches on the other side of a bridge from the main water and I don't think the bridge has enough clearance for the tower.

Eric

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was looking at that. Seems like there are lots of places to go but lots of dams and bridges that might give you fits trying to navigate the area.

For the low bridges, can you yank the tower and leave it home for this trip? I guess it depends on if you are planning to do a lot of skiing or if you just want to cruise.