• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lakes around SC

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to try out a new lake this summer. Plan on making it a week long vacation in a lakefront rental with dock or ramp near location. I don't mind a little distance just want to try something other than Lake Wateree and Lake Murray in SC. Any help is greatly appreciated. Family of 4.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How about Lake Norman or Wylie? I love Norman, and I've heard great things about Wylie but haven't been there yet. Norman is massive, and lots of money on that lake, but you can still find reasonable vacation rentals.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to try out a new lake this summer. Plan on making it a week long vacation in a lakefront rental with dock or ramp near location. I don't mind a little distance just want to try something other than Lake Wateree and Lake Murray in SC. Any help is greatly appreciated. Family of 4.
Skip the lake and come down to Myrtle Stay at the Marina inn and slip your boat there. Literally you can cruise the ICW as far as you like either direction each day and it never gets old. Once you experience coastal boating your lake experience will never be the same. If it has to be lake try Hartwell I hear good things about it. I would like to try Norman sometime as well as @veedubtek mentioned. Bald Head Island for a week is cool as well only accessible by boat no cars on the island it's s good trip also in NC.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lake Jocassee is a very deep clear lake with plenty of waterfalls dumping into the lake.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lake Jocassee hands down. Those mentioning lake Norman? Do yourself a favor and pass. The worst most over crowded lake I've been to I wouldn't go there if you paid me. Well, maybe.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We love Lake Jocassee and Lake Keowee!:winkingthumbsup"

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are on Wylie. It is a good time. Easy to navigate and has 2 great sandbars to chill. Need a few more restaurants on the lake but overall a great place to spend the weekend.

Last edited:

Impeller>Propeller

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're on Wylie as well and it is a very nice lake. Jocassee and the ICW is on my bucket list.

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
We spend all of our time on Keowee. Deep clean water and sand beaches everywhere to stop and let the kids play.

You can see everything on Jocassee in a day. Very few beach areas, but there are many waterfalls to see.

Keowee