• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lakes Winnebago-Winneconne-Poygan-Partridge & Wolf River Question

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
All you Lake Winnebago, WI area boaters...

We've boated around the Winnebago chain a bit, but never ventured further than Winneconne on the NW end.
Question: Is the Wolf River jetboatable from Lake Poygan up to Partridge Lake? Anything to see and/or do up there?

Wife and I are both taking this Friday off for our (likely) last boating day of the year, thinking of exploring in that direction. All insight appreciated.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I haven't boated up there but my parents rented a houseboat out of Fremont on the Wolf a few years back, so I can't imagine it would be inaccessible for boats from Poygan. I've been in the area up closer to Hwy 10 and it seems like there's lots of restaurants up that way. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of that area can chime in. If not, maybe you can be our guinea pig!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I haven't boated up there but my parents rented a houseboat out of Fremont on the Wolf a few years back, so I can't imagine it would be inaccessible for boats from Poygan. I've been in the area up closer to Hwy 10 and it seems like there's lots of restaurants up that way. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of that area can chime in. If not, maybe you can be our guinea pig!
Thanks for the input, @RiverRat

Anyone else know those waters?

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, by far the best place to boat. You can drive all the way up to New London.

If you put in at Winneconne, it shortens the drive some. From Poygan, there's a slow no wake shortcut that is very scenic.

Use the Navionics app to navigate the markers to stay in the deep parts of the lake, the river is pretty wide open except for near shore and around corners. No worries in a jet boat though.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On the way, stop at Fort Fremont for water sports supplies, and there's a couple of restaurants in Fremont with docks.

Partridge Lake is very shallow, great sand bar for hanging out...again with the jets you're fine.

It gets more scenic north of Fremont and is our favorite part of the river.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah, we almost made it to New London one year but had to head home as it was getting late in the day. Plus, I was a little bit confused as to where the deep part of the river was at one point. I figured I had pressed my luck enough for the day.

The No Wake zones can be a bugger when it's hot - you just bake in the heat. Right now is the time to make that run. The air is cool enough that you don't feel like a lobster when you're through.

There are some interesting sites to see as you go further up the Wolf - I'd recommend it at least once.

(I could have SWORN I heard the sound of banjos playing behind a particularly large tree at one point - but it may have been my imagination.)

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(I could have SWORN I heard the sound of banjos playing behind a particularly large tree at one point - but it may have been my imagination.)

One wonders in some of the remote areas.

The good thing about going on a weekday is that you can cruise through the no wake zones as they only apply on weekends.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are some interesting sites to see as you go further up the Wolf - I'd recommend it at least once.

You didn't see Ned Beatty or, worse, Marlon Brando in camo paint, did you?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@RiverRat @robbo3 @biglar155

Thanks for the info! That's the kind of inside gritty I was hoping to get. I will take some pix and report back.

JJ-B-Boatin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It has been a few years since we have been up that way, but it is a very pretty ride. Especially if done when the leaves start to change color. I would recommend to have a GPS with charting software for there are areas that can get shallow (not a problem for a jet boat) and weedy (could be a problem for a jet boat)

Also I could be wrong, but I thought the slow no wakes were only from Memorial Day to Labor Day. However please check that prior to doing so!

One final comment - The food at The Bridge Bar in Fremont was very good and I would recommend stopping in for a burger and beer! During the summer they are know for having bands play on there outside patio. Very fun place to be.

Have a great trip and I look forward to seeing the pics!