• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Large Slide Anchor Shore Spike Ordered!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I just ordered the Large Shore Spike! I had one with the Nauti Dawg and sent it with it when I sold it. It was a great accessory and the only way in my book, short of having a tree right on shore to tie to. The large is the appropriate size for 23/24' boats and probably needed on the 21' as well, the small spike is good to 22' but it will be marginal in a sand bottom as it is just shorter. I found a great deal on them and I also ordered my Small box anchor from them previously at a great price. Here is the email invoice along with the website!
image.jpg

looks like neat website

Thanks trav8r, those are good prices, I have been looking for a box anchor on sale. Let us know if you figure some great way to mount them.

Last edited:
I like my large slide spike. I need to master the anchor buddy that I just got in combination with proper stern to shore anchoring. I might get a second spike and do 3 point anchoring (in case my bow slides in stern to shore style anchoring).

I have had my Shore Spike for three trips and I hate it. First time out, drove it in the sand and removed it perfectly, happy day... rinsed it at the end of the day with fresh water and stored it away in the boat. Next weekend same procedure, the slide "hammer" was binding on every stroke and I could not get it set. I gave up and didn't use it... took it home, where I soaked it with white lithium and set it in the front yard and removed it several time and thought the problem was resolved. This last weekend I pulled it out on the beach and it set okay... when time came to move it because of an incoming tide it consistently jammed up when moving the hammer. It seems to me that the tolerance between the rod and the lower washer is much to close and any off angle causes it to bind. I have yet to contact Slide Anchor and I am sure that i will be more that satisfied with their support... just wanted to see if anyone here has had a similar experience and I am missing something...

@cwoav8r I haven't had any issues like you're describing. Ours seems to work great every time.

@txav8r that looks like a great price on that one.

I too never had an issue with my previous. Sounds like maybe some slag from the galvanizing process in there. Exchange it...first issue I have ever heard with one.

I spent 5$ at Home Depot on an auger spike that is designed for a large dog anchor.
So far it holds fine in the lake bottom. Probably not good in any heavy water application but for an afternoon on Allatoona it has proven adequate.

The best part for a non-shore spike owner is watching those who do own one set it up :D It is just too funny :winkingthumbsup"

They do work great though. They definitely hold.

Love my shore spike... I use it in the rear to keep her from dancing.

Another large shore spike owner - love it! I used it with my box anchor to moor for a whole week last year on a lake while we stayed in a cottage. Best of all you never have to worry about rub marks from a dock from wakes! While I am not suggesting in anyway to pull your dock out and use this combination, with the right (shallow) shore conditions it can be very handy! I would just pull the stern of the boat towards shore from the stretchable anchor buddy and probably never stepped in water over 18" deep.

I have had my Shore Spike for three trips and I hate it. First time out, drove it in the sand and removed it perfectly, happy day... rinsed it at the end of the day with fresh water and stored it away in the boat. Next weekend same procedure, the slide "hammer" was binding on every stroke and I could not get it set. I gave up and didn't use it... took it home, where I soaked it with white lithium and set it in the front yard and removed it several time and thought the problem was resolved. This last weekend I pulled it out on the beach and it set okay... when time came to move it because of an incoming tide it consistently jammed up when moving the hammer. It seems to me that the tolerance between the rod and the lower washer is much to close and any off angle causes it to bind. I have yet to contact Slide Anchor and I am sure that i will be more that satisfied with their support... just wanted to see if anyone here has had a similar experience and I am missing something...

Mine does the same thing. It's just the welding job they did. I've been lazy and haven't asked for a replacement yet. it jams if I wedge it up and I have to work it out of the jam for it to continue working.

My only complaint about Slide Anchor products, is that they are made in China...for obvious reasons. But my fear, after reading these two accounts, is that quality control is slipping. If mine ends up like that, I will be calling Ryan at Slide Anchor and asking for another one. I understand it can happen but come on...it isn't rocket science, it shouldn't happen. The box anchor, the shore spike, the Danik hook, are all some of the best anchor products on the market as far as how they work and reliability. Let's hope both of you report back on this thread, that a replacement, including shipping both directions, is on it's way! @cwoav8r @sysinu

I spoke with Ryan at Slide Anchor about my Shore Spike and he took care of it without hesitation! I can't say enough about their customer service, totally happy! I will be buying a Box Anchor from them next... :winkingthumbsup"

Great customer service speaks volumes!

I spoke with Ryan several times regarding my anchor that I made for the 2007-2009 AR/SR/SX 230, and the 232's within that timeframe. He was always helpful and those discussions sold me on his products. While I made a few anchors that would have been competitive with his, they fit so few boats, made so few, that I referred more guys to Slide for the original box anchor than I actually made for that limited line. I expected that he would not only stand behind his products but probably be shocked that he had the issue and get right on it to correct it going forward. Slide Anchor is a great company...just wish they would recognize us as a target market and build anchors to fit our boats exclusively!

Mel, I guess I need to play around with one. I never seem to have the trouble that I hear others talk about with my danforth-type anchor.

I spent 5$ at Home Depot on an auger spike that is designed for a large dog anchor.
So far it holds fine in the lake bottom. Probably not good in any heavy water application but for an afternoon on Allatoona it has proven adequate.

I always wanted a shore spike like @txav8r posted. I tried the auger spike dog anchor. It was fine on a calm lake, but on a river or busy lake mine always pulled out no matter how deep I set it. It was a constant interruption to my relaxation time! :cool:

I use a 4ft grounding rod that has a slide hammer built into it. A guy was going to scrap it and I told him that i had a realy good use for the grounding rod and he let me have it for nothing.

Reactions: 007
My shore spike actually pulled loose at Texoma this weekend for the first time ever. I had it in some loose sand and the other line was tied to a cruiser. I think all of the waves and motion of a total of five or six boats pulled it out. I did find that the action was jamming up due to sand in it. I simply took it to deep water and cycled it several times and it cleared right up. Love that shore spike!

Back