• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Larger wake possible?

YamahaCC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I know these boats (older) were not designed to produce a larger wake for wake boarding/wake surfing so we have to use ballast bag add-ons to achieve what we want. I have an '06 SR210. I'm looking to increase the wake for wake boarding a bit without going crazy.

1) Does anyone know if any of the ballast bag companies make bags that go into the 2 floor 'coolers'? If so, will the weight being distributed to the middle and bow make a difference?

2) I am half tempted to just put the plugs in the 2 'coolers' and fill them up manually to see if it makes a difference, has anyone tried this? (plan to fill/empty with a portable bilge pump with alligator clips to the battery)

Thanks!

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Folks have put water in the ski lockers...not sure how much volume is in the floor coolers of your boat. I would measure them and find a couple of ballast bags that fit in there. I'm going to doubt it's enough to make a difference. We can fit an 800lb bag in our ski locker and it makes the wake about 25% larger...different boat, but it's roughly the same with a few people as it is with a boat full of people. Personally I would want the weight in the middle to middle/aft because you want the boat to plane out as close to normal speed as possible. You put too much in the rear and your plane speed will be too high.