• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Largest bag that fits it in the AR230 ski locker

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whats the largest bag people have used in the center locker of the AR230. I have a 370lbs one in there now which leaves a fair bit of storage for skiis but I need more weight up front. I was considering a placing a bag on the floor at the bow but it would make sense to maximize the ski locker bag first. I need to hop in the boat and measure but curious as to what others are using. Cam.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had my 800 in there and it filled all the way up. I have a 400 in there now because with the Wake Wedge the boat loves rear weight. I don't have to worry about being too close to the boat my pocket is long.

ballastbag2.jpg

marksurf.jpg

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had my 800 in there and it filled all the way up. I have a 400 in there now because with the Wake Wedge the boat loves rear weight. I don't have to worry about being too close to the boat my pocket is long.

View attachment 21038

View attachment 21039
I have the same 800lb bag in ski locker. It does fit perfect. We use the center locker bag for a better wake for wakeboarding.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wakeboarding hurts me but that is good to know. I have quick detach fittings so if I did want to wakeboard I can throw my 800 in there real quick.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What bag model number is it. Cam.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered one from wakemakers. I will use it in the locker and use the 400lb flyhigh that is in there now as an aux bow bag. It should sit nicely under the bow filler cushion (but stick out). This combo will give me 1600lbs built in with 12oo lbs auxilliary (meaning I have to fill them up with an extra pump hose). Excited for the summer. Our water is almost warm enough to avoid hypothermia. Cam.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One thing I just learned ( I may be slow) is that fly-high fittings don't fit the straight line bags. The flyhigh fittings are also not tapered NPT like regular fitting so they won't screw into a threaded reducer. End result was that I had to pay $32 shipping for 2 plastic fittings to fit my new bag . It did arrive in 2 days though. Cam.