• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Last maintenance service under warranty

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So next week I plan to take my boat to the shop for its spring maintenance. I figure it will be there for 3 weeks seems to be the normal average around here so I should get it back by the beginning of March about the time it starts to warm up a little here. This will likely be the only time I take it to the shop unless I have a major issue but the YES warranty expires in May and want to get anything fixed under warranty I can. Is there anything specific I should look for issue wise before I go? The only issue I know of at this time is the radio remote on the swim deck isn't working will they even fix that under the extended YES warranty?

I don't think that your year is affected, but I would check the oil cooler bolts (or have them do it).

Do a once over for spider cracks in your gellcoat. Especially around the jets. Lift the seats and check the fiberglass on which they sit.

The only other thing I would recommend (and it is not a YES item and I certainly wouldn't pay the dealer to do it) is to tighten every screw and bolt. Since I took delivery I think I have found that every screw or bolt was loose. Every screw on the hinges to the head. Screws on the captains chair. Screws holding the carpet snaps down. Not so much on the engine, but everything attached to the hull should get a good going over. I try to do it once a year at least. If I find something lose, I usually put some antiseize on it and tighten it up.

You may also want to pull the clean out tray and inspect your hose clamps for rot or breakage. This is a fairly common problem. May as well have them pay for it under warranty if necessary.

@robert843 my 2011 was an "early model" and had the oil cooler bolt issue, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it checked out.

@robert843 my 2011 was an "early model" and had the oil cooler bolt issue, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to have it checked out.

Crap I knew I was forgetting something I took the boat out today and meant to check this.

Crap I knew I was forgetting something I took the boat out today and meant to check this.

Mine is also an early 2011 with the older oil cooler, but so far there have been no issues (thankfully). If you get them to take care of that you really would have gotten your money's worth.

Back