• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

YES Warranty parts and repair delays

Shadowrider

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would care about getting it fixed as well as what it costed me in lost time and aggravation. Since if something goes wrong again, you can be rest assured you may have to deal with it yourself.
I see your point. My YES Warranty is 'good' till Dec 31, 2026 for all the good is has done for me. I've been reading many posted complaints on the BBB site against Yamaha. Their responses always starts with an apology....if your boat is broken do you want an apology.....no! Their responses read like platitudes.

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
As of today, I've mailed a complaint letter to Yamaha Corp, filed a complaint with the BBB and also with the state dept of consumer affairs. Hoping that gets some traction soon.
[/QUO
You keep saying corporate... It's very possible that who is actually handling your claim is a third party contractor at a call center, who Yamaha contracted with to administer their YES Warranty. Many times, it all depends on who answered the call and is working your claim. If the dealer called in a failed seal as the cause of repair, the claims adjuster/warranty person may have the right to request further teardown, but after that initial request turns up no further evidence of a failure caused by a non-covered part or customer neglect, the repair should have been approved.

I have experience in the extended warranty arena, I use to manage a claim center for one of the Big Three back in the day and yes, we were a third party, contracted to manage their extended warranty program.

Personally, I'm shocked at Yamahas marine division, which seems to be run as a hobby under the Yamaha brand name. I think their boats are extremely appealing, and may still be considered a bang for the buck, but they were even more affordable prior to COVID. With all the posts I have read on people waiting on screens, transducers, steering cables, seat cushions and other parts for YEARS, I can't believe someone hasn't taking real action against Yamaha.

I believe you are on the right track... I'm not sure why you couldn't find an attorney to take your case, and by the way, when an attorney gets involved, then your dealing with corporate.

BBB will get you nowhere but still worth giving them another black eye, some but not most consumers will base their purchasing decision on this info.

Contacting the State Department of Consumer Affairs is headed in the right direction, I would also write a letter to the State Attorney General.

Personally, I would hire an attorney and have them write a letter of demand, and if that does not produce timely results, then I would have them file suit.

It will only become more frustrating as the sun starts to shine hotter! (not sure were your located)

Good luck and please keep us updated.

Shadowrider

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You keep saying corporate... It's very possible that who is actually handling your claim is a third party contractor at a call center, who Yamaha contracted with to administer their YES Warranty. Many times, it all depends on who answered the call and is working your claim. If the dealer called in a failed seal as the cause of repair, the claims adjuster/warranty person may have the right to request further teardown, but after that initial request turns up no further evidence of a failure caused by a non-covered part or customer neglect, the repair should have been approved.

I have experience in the extended warranty arena, I use to manage a claim center for one of the Big Three back in the day and yes, we were a third party, contracted to manage their extended warranty program.

Personally, I'm shocked at Yamahas marine division, which seems to be run as a hobby under the Yamaha brand name. I think their boats are extremely appealing, and may still be considered a bang for the buck, but they were even more affordable prior to COVID. With all the posts I have read on people waiting on screens, transducers, steering cables, seat cushions and other parts for YEARS, I can't believe someone hasn't taking real action against Yamaha.

I believe you are on the right track... I'm not sure why you couldn't find an attorney to take your case, and by the way, when an attorney gets involved, then your dealing with corporate.

BBB will get you nowhere but still worth giving them another black eye, some but not most consumers will base their purchasing decision on this info.

Contacting the State Department of Consumer Affairs is headed in the right direction, I would also write a letter to the State Attorney General.

Personally, I would hire an attorney and have them write a letter of demand, and if that does not produce timely results, then I would have them file suit.

It will only become more frustrating as the sun starts to shine hotter! (not sure were your located)

Good luck and please keep us updated.
Thank you for the info and suggestions. It is corporate, not a 3rd party. Like you, this isn't my 1st rodeo. Still no takers in the attorney arena but I've not had time to press that button today.