• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Latest offer from Yamaha... 2.99% and 5 years YES

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We've been shopping for new and used boats - I've tentatively made a deal for a 2012 SX240 but since it's buried in snow in the northeast that's on hold until the snow clears (some time in June or July!). In the meantime, we've been going back and forth on new/used...

So, just now I get an email from a local dealer: new promo for the month of March is 2.99% financing AND 5 years YES coverage. That complicates things...!

Lextacy03

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Id wait until they offer 1.99 % and the 5 year

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
At 1.99 it would probably make sense for me to trade up also. I'm waiting as well.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I agree...wait. They will use the 1.99 to clear out remaining inventory. If they don't...... that 2012 will have thawed out. So waiting could be a win for you.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm kinda bummed. Just bought an AR240 at the boat show in January. Now they have 2.99? Dang.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dont assign much, or any, value to YES when negotiating with the dealer. Its not worth much. That contract has lots of outs for them to deny claims, and they use them.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just FYI, I doubt we'll see 1.99% again this year. We never saw it last year and 2013 was the only year I ever got to offer it.

As for the YES warranty, Yamaha has been very good about covering most everything we have had claims on. Maybe your dealer is not submitting claims correctly?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah I would not expect 1.99% either. Money has gotten more expensive. Early in the year Yamaha was offering 3.99 on all new boats at several boat shows that I attended. Man I sure hate that those dealers did not have access to this sale rate. It would have made it easier to close deals at the show.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No offense but I dont think the rates on money have gotten higher. I do think that demand has picked up though.

I believe that we will see 1.99%, but it may be at the end of the season. Interest rates will not be heading up anytime soon.

On the note about warranty claims, I have already made several on both the boat and the trailer (they replaced an entire hub) and I haven't had any issues with the claims going through. I was one of the lucky ones to get the 2 channel amp for free instead of the re-wire on the 242's.

10yr (which is similar to the 30yr)

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Time will tell. All I am saying is what has been said to me by a few bankers. I am not in the finance business so if rates have not gone up then I stand corrected. I do doubt that Yamaha will go to 1.99% this year, but that's been done before too so who knows.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The only reason I could see 1.99 would be if they try and phase out a model prior to a new model being released.

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just FYI, I doubt we'll see 1.99% again this year. We never saw it last year and 2013 was the only year I ever got to offer it.

As for the YES warranty, Yamaha has been very good about covering most everything we have had claims on. Maybe your dealer is not submitting claims correctly?
When it comes down to it that YES contract is full of language they can use to deny claims. What about seat seems coming apart? Have you had success with that? They told the dealer some bullshit about it being a cosmetic issue and that it must have been caused by water. Yes, water. The Yamaha Rep didnt even take the time to make an effort to understand what the actual problem is or even call me directly. This is on a boat only 2 years old at the time, which I purchased new. Dealer asked for goodwill and was denied. This isnt a cosmetic issue or a poor maintenance issue as they claim, its a defect. Same as the multitude of gelcoat spider cracks all over it. I ran out of energy to argue with them about it, and even though we really like our boat I certainly wouldnt buy their warranty again, and perhaps not their boats either as a result.

Sorry to hijack the threat. My only point to the OP is to get something of value, not a shitty warranty contract.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don't think Yamaha bases their % totally on current rates but base it to move product. If they are short on sales later this year you can bet 1.99 will be discussed at a few board meetings in Georgia.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I Can't speak to the interest rates, but I had the 5 year YES plan and I used it a lot without any claim issues.

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
When it comes down to it that YES contract is full of language they can use to deny claims. What about seat seems coming apart? Have you had success with that? They told the dealer some bullshit about it being a cosmetic issue and that it must have been caused by water. Yes, water. The Yamaha Rep didnt even take the time to make an effort to understand what the actual problem is or even call me directly. This is on a boat only 2 years old at the time, which I purchased new. Dealer asked for goodwill and was denied. This isnt a cosmetic issue or a poor maintenance issue as they claim, its a defect. Same as the multitude of gelcoat spider cracks all over it. I ran out of energy to argue with them about it, and even though we really like our boat I certainly wouldnt buy their warranty again, and perhaps not their boats either as a result.

Sorry to hijack the threat. My only point to the OP is to get something of value, not a shitty warranty contract.
Depending on the age of the product and the actual failure (pics needed) then it can be a bit of battle to get stuff covered. Generally speaking upholstery and gel coat will require your dealer going to bat for you a bit.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We've been shopping for new and used boats - I've tentatively made a deal for a 2012 SX240 but since it's buried in snow in the northeast that's on hold until the snow clears (some time in June or July!). In the meantime, we've been going back and forth on new/used...

So, just now I get an email from a local dealer: new promo for the month of March is 2.99% financing AND 5 years YES coverage. That complicates things...!
That is exactly the deal I got last year.

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I also doubt you'll see the 1.99% again. You never know but if you wait forever the current deal could be gone, too. The YES warranty is great peace of mind, but I bought Yamaha for a reason- reliability. I wouldn't buy it if it didn't come with my boat!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have a 2012 SX240, bought new last year about this same time. I didn't get any warranty or financing offer except I think it was 4.99% on the 2014 model. I paid for the extra 4 years past the factory one year. This year, Yamaha is applying the deal to ALL year models, that is a GREAT deal with the 5 year yes. I suspect on a leftover that has been in the weather (under shipping cover) for 2 full seasons and a winter, you may have a few warranty claims. Check the hydroturf closely, mine was dusting very badly. Take a soft bristle brush and brush it, if it is giving up mocha colored dirt...it is dried out and needs to be replaced. My Head Unit worked for 5 minutes, they fixed it, and it worked another 5 minutes...then they gave me $500 in credit and I had the dealer install a Fusion IP700i...couldn't be happier with my dealer. BTW, not the dealer I bought the second boat from as they didn't have a leftover. Last time I will go out of network regardless of money. A good dealer is just too valuable to have in your corner...than God I had bought new from them before. Replace the bow roller with a Stolz Ultimate bow roller if the dealer doesn't do it automatically.

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
Someone called me about my boat and said he could get a new left over w/ 20% down @ 0% financing. Not sure about this.. Anyone know? Tx

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd love to know where he got that offer - really sounds too good to be true...