• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Laughlin / Lake Mojave

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’m looking at heading out to the Laughlin area on the Colorado river next month for some work stuff and thinking about taking the boat and family out there.
I’ve seen the river where I’m going and there is a good boat ramp but never boated on a river before and have no idea what to expect. Lake Mojave looks like it’s 15 or so miles north which is doable but I don’t know if that’s the only place to go hang out.
Anyone have experience or advice for this area? Are currents here going to require any extraordinary skills that I don’t have?

SRSx3

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I’m looking at heading out to the Laughlin area on the Colorado river next month for some work stuff and thinking about taking the boat and family out there.
I’ve seen the river where I’m going and there is a good boat ramp but never boated on a river before and have no idea what to expect. Lake Mojave looks like it’s 15 or so miles north which is doable but I don’t know if that’s the only place to go hang out.
Anyone have experience or advice for this area? Are currents here going to require any extraordinary skills that I don’t have?
I just went there last week at laughlin nevada and you can launch at big bend of colorado state park it has a nice park to beach your boat and the current is very slow so no worries about it… you can ride your boat to colorado river around hotels…

Grim1800

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
@AZMark
Curious how the trip went. We go to Laughlin every summer but always go to Lake Mohave. I’ve wanted to go out on the river but have heard that there are lots of shallow spots and am kinda weary. Did you run into any issues?

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did not end up taking the boat. Just played golf all weekend. It was super windy, which was not great for golf but probably would have been a real challenge on the boat.

Bcbeitler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@AZMark
We go onto Lake Mohave every year. We love launching from Katherine’s Landing, then heading up the lake to find a nice beach to set up for a few days. We have found weekdays are more enjoyable if you can get out during that time to avoid the weekend crowd. We buy the year pass for vehicle and boat for $90. We have not ventured out onto the river portion yet with our boat. I have heard it can be difficult at times to navigate the unexpected shallows on occasion.

Grim1800

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
@Bcbeitler When work permits it (lol)….. we love going to lake Mohave on the weekdays as well. We launch just north of Gasoline Alley. I may be wrong but I believe it’s called Shoshone cove. A little further of a drive than Kathrines landing but definitely worth it. (Significantly less crowded) We typically cruise north for a bit and find one of the many beautiful beach spots of lake Mohave to set up camp for the day. As far as the Colrado river goes and from what I’ve gathered…,. you need to pay very close attention to the water release rates from Davis damn and plan your trip to the river accordingly.