• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Launch With Yamaha Wakebooster?

LoWeLL216

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all,

Just got a wakebooster and was wondering if you attach the wedge out of the water and launch with it installed or put it on in the water?

We generally go to a local reservoir so it's a very short transit from launch to the surf area (5 min).

Thanks!

Hi all,

Just got a wakebooster and was wondering if you attach the wedge out of the water and launch with it installed or put it on in the water?

We generally go to a local reservoir so it's a very short transit from launch to the surf area (5 min).

Thanks!
It would make sense to just put it on at the landing. I do have a question, how would you have it on and have your tie down straps on? I put mine on in the water as remember it has a 15mph speed limit.

I'd put it on in the staging area right before the ramp. So just the safety chain and bow strap connected - or am I missing something?

I'd put it on in the staging area right before the ramp. So just the safety chain and bow strap connected - or am I missing something?
No that makes sense, I read your post wrong. That you had a 5 minute tow to the landing. Yeah put it on ahead a time.

Please don't laugh at me, but I feel like I'm putting it on upside down if I try do that at the ramp. For some reason I am so used to doing it on my belly off the swim platform (arms deep in the water, glasses almost falling off, etc....) that it just feels easier. lol Or maybe I am just making alot more work for myself. ha ha haha

I’ve only put mine on when I get to wherever I’m going to surf. It’s about like performing maintenance of some sort, instead of a relaxing day on the boat. I’m not sure if it would lift all the way out of the water when on plane. I sure wouldn’t do anything but idle at no wake speeds. It’s going to dig in and lower fuel economy while it’s attached. If you do decide to try to plane out, please video the experiment. No, seriously I wouldn’t do it.

Yeah I totally get it. I'm mostly thinking no wake speed from the ramp out to the surf area.

Back