• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Launching

I don’t have that slack in my belt after trailering. I crank it up as snug as I can get it and it stays there. Do you think yours is due to the really steep ramps and cranking it is just difficult to make it snug? I’m not debating you. I’m just curious if I should try it. Maybe it will ride even better than I have it now.

This has been a common discussion on this page is the winch post. They are crap on these trailers and many have actually welded there winch post for extra support. We have all found our transom straps loose, and it has nothing to do with how tight you winch it down. It has to do with the amount the winch post gives.

Do a quick search on here for "welded winch post" and you will find this is very common.

I just moved my winch post back since it slid a bit forward and rocked a bit. I watched it do it with the 5mph stop maneuver. Probably going to have someone lay down a weld for me.

This has been a common discussion on this page is the winch post. They are crap on these trailers and many have actually welded there winch post for extra support. We have all found our transom straps loose, and it has nothing to do with how tight you winch it down. It has to do with the amount the winch post gives.

Do a quick search on here for "welded winch post" and you will find this is very common.
Ah! I misunderstood what @Matt Phillips was saying. When he said boat buckles, I thought he was referring to the winch strap. I got it now.

I just moved my winch post back since it slid a bit forward and rocked a bit. I watched it do it with the 5mph stop maneuver. Probably going to have someone lay down a weld for me.

I debated it as well as I tightened that one bolt again this past week. I don't trailer enough anymore to justify the time. But it would be a simple process for any welder to put a support post in there and weld it in. Hit it with some shaker can paint, or bed liner and done.

My buddies AR210 almost lost it's post that bolt was so loose. It's one of those things you gotta check every time the boat is off the trailer. I walk around and check the bunks, carpet, inside of the wheels for odd things that I just can't see when the boat is on it.

I gotta figure out why my 5th pin (lockout) is not functioning. As I'm making smokey burnouts in my storage building when I back the trailer in as the brakes lock up.

For those that said above to unplug your lights, don't bother. Unless you were driving at night and your lights were hot, they will be fine. The lock out is more important than a potential bulb blowing. And keep some dielectric grease on those connectors and they will handle all the water you throw at them. (saltwater may be an exception) But they were designed to be dunked. Road grime is worse on them, than a dip in the lake.

Quick follow up. It's not that the post slides on the frame, it's just not vertically strong and flexes that much! The welding is putting in a piece to make a rigid winch post "a-frame" rather than a single post for this heavy of a boat.

Back