• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lazy River Rafting in Cali

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Had a great day on the water but not in the Yamaha. My wife set up a group rafting trip to the American River near Sacramento CA. There were 31 people in the group so we rented three 10 person rafts and one 6 person raft. The high was over 100 which was perfect whether for water fights. We covered roughly 5 miles in 5 hours including breaks for lunch, a rope swing and just to postpone getting to the end. Most of the time I could walk instead of swim but a lot of the times we chose to have water fights between us instead, a very fun way to cool down.

One difference between boating and this type of rafting is that rafting is much more social. We had water fights with 40+ groups all friendly (today). Sometimes we would bs with them or let them hang on to out raft if they needed a break from swimming/wading. We got lucky choosing this weekend instead of last. Last weekend "rafter gone wild" was held there so there was an alcohol ban on the river that weekend. Many in my crew today would not have been happy about that.

Before I forget, my electric water gun ran well enough but it still needs a little tweaking. Cost ended up being about $25 per person including a bus back up stream. If you have more than 30 people you get a bus all to yourself. The name of the place is "American River Rafters" in rancho Cordova (off the sunrise exit on the 50 freeway). They have been doing this since 70s and I would recommend them to anyone wanting to give it a try.

I will add pics and video clip links shortly.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Tried lazy river rafting on the Stanislaus River for the first time today. I like the set up, the rafts are near the water and they load you a pelican dry box for your keys, wallets, etc. $34 per person including a 10 minute bus ride back to the parking lot.

it was 11 miles on the water and took us 5 hours with few breaks, lots of paddling, getting stuck on rocks, going under or through low tree branches sometimes while giving and or taking fire/water, laughing all the way.
There is a ramp at the 1/2 way point. If you don’t make it there by 2:30 they pull you out because you won’t make it to the end before 5. You have the option to catch a shuttle from the 1/2 way point if you or a crew member feels that rafting half the river is enough.

Not much gear involved besides a water gun, hat / sunglasses and food/drinks. Oh and sun block along with a blue tooth speaker. Next time I may bring an umbrella for the sun and water fights.

Like rafting the American rive near Sacramento. If you have the time I highly recommend it. Caveat if you want to see more eye candy go to the American river instead (lots of colleges around there and it’s normally hotter/averages in the 90s so ....).
0C3E052A-53E2-4458-BD9E-FD423AE8A281.jpeg 5033AEFB-4ED5-4550-BF56-C70228BAAF71.jpeg 7A82F616-E5A7-48BB-A919-9C39AF3237FD.jpeg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The post mortem.
Things I will do and bring the next time I go lazy river rafting:
1. Stretch, I am sore all over today which makes sense since I was either and engine for the raft or a squirt gunner for a good part of the trip.
2. Take a few Tylenol before and immediately after the trip, because, see 1 above.
3. Bring my portable electric squirt gun and a (clear) umbrella, cheating? if I'm not breaking any rules it's not cheating?
4. Bring a cooler with real food, like some sandwiches, chicken, something.
5. Wear water shoes, are loose and buoyant neither which are good characteristics for rafting.

A little miscellaneous info:
rafters are nick named floaters, not boaters.
9BED43F7-9CFA-41F5-A2FF-1387AAAEF872.jpeg CE19D0B4-4830-4F9E-9A40-F05E22E9AE65.jpeg FDA4E62F-5FAC-4D17-B748-B381D758FCB5.jpeg EA122062-463A-4462-8754-778A63CE846F.jpeg EDB6A6C3-8255-4193-B0E1-3A8B28703ADB.jpeg

Last edited: