• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaking from flush valve?

Gage C Thompson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello all,

I noticed on the first run of this year I now have a pretty heavy stream of water leaking from the flushing port on the inside of the boat. ( The one that is used to supply engine water from a hose while not actually in the water). Has anyone had the same issue and if so any easy solutions?

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Is it leaking with the cap on? Or is the cap missing?

Gage C Thompson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cap is on. It dribbles at slow/no wake speeds. At full speed, its like a small jet of water.

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does the engine ever overheat?

WREKS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The reason I asked is, it seems like water is being restricted from flowing through the cooling system and backflowing through the flush valve.

Gage C Thompson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is it normal if the cap is open to have water coming out? When I take the cap off and the engine is on but no throttle, there is a good amount of water that just kinda bubbles out.

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've never removed my cap while the motor was on in a body of water. I have only used it for oil changes and engine flushes with clean water. I would have expected there to be a check valve (possibly contained within #5 in the below diagram?) to prevent water from coming up that line. It may be beneficial to maybe do a trace of your line off the oil cooler (bottom left part in the below diagram) as far back to where it goes into the hull and to your inlet port. See if there is any sign of wear or damage?

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mine leaks as well. I have purchased the replacement one way valve and hose (crazy money). I will be replacing the assembly in two weeks. Hopefully it is not to much work to access. I’m thinking I will have to remove the inner shelf where the clean out port is locate do to feed the new hose. Anyone done this?

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello all,

I noticed on the first run of this year I now have a pretty heavy stream of water leaking from the flushing port on the inside of the boat. ( The one that is used to supply engine water from a hose while not actually in the water). Has anyone had the same issue and if so any easy solutions?
I just had my flush valve replaced and all is now good. Mine failed due to blowing out the lines with air instead of using rv anti freeze and a pump. Lesson learnt.

benfish3r

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I just had my flush valve replaced and all is now good. Mine failed due to blowing out the lines with air instead of using rv anti freeze and a pump. Lesson learnt.
Do you have a link where I could order one also?