• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Leaving Boat in Water.

JetBoatPaul

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I store my boat at the house and trailer to the water. In October we are taking a family vacation to Cape Coral where we will be renting a house with a dock. Should I have any concerns about leaving my boat in the water for a week? Planning on leaving the bilge pump on all the time but don't want to come out one morning and see my new boat sitting on the bottom of the canal.

Chuck McKinley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 2013 sx210 that I have docked on a fresh water lake in upstate NY. This is the 2nd full season and knock on wood no issues. We put the boat in the water in May and take it out in Sept.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
In Cape Coral you'll be in salt or brackish water after a week there will be small barnacles starting and corrosion in the jet drive. I would pull it out mid week clean the bottom and spray all jet drive components. The barnacles start everywhere the water touches, jet drive, intake grate, hull, ect.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It should be fine floating wise, but I would check bilge and storage areas regularly.

highanddryinco

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
and corrosion in the jet drive
Very much agree. I was surprised how much corrosion I got on the intake grate from doing a similar two week vacation stint earlier this year.
A pre-treat with some anti-corrosion spray might be advised.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boeshield. Boeshield T-9 everywhere.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
leave your bilge on at all times while in the water

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
You should be fine, I did the same thing this year in Marco Island,

Make sure you are not leaking inside from your rubber drain plugs, they don't use enough sealant when they install them at the factory, I changed mine to gardboard drain plugs.

spray everything with with anti corrosion spray and use salt away to clean and flush your boat after you pull the boat out.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You'll be fine for a week. I would advise that you bring a battery charger with you to keep your battery fresh while sitting a week with the bilge pump cycling.

JetBoatPaul

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you everyone for your advise. We are heading down this Saturday, hoping for some R&R and catching fish with no boat problems!