• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lectrotab

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So i had installed lectrotab on the boat early this season with auto level control. I went out on the boat today and the one side is trying to open all the way to keep the boat level.
I asked the marina to block the block the boat so u can see what’s going in.
My port side actuator is open and won’t close.
It’s getting power because i hear It and i see the body of it moving slightly side to side but not in and out.
I called and even though website say they are open today they are not.
Anyone know if i can rebuild It without taking the wires and everything back out. It’s gonna be a pain in the d**k to do that.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So i had installed lectrotab on the boat early this season with auto level control. I went out on the boat today and the one side is trying to open all the way to keep the boat level.
It’s getting power because i hear It and i see the body of it moving slightly side to side but not in and out.
Anyone know if i can rebuild It without taking the wires and everything back out. It’s gonna be a pain in the d**k to do that.
Does it not have manual override?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would disconnect the tab/actuator and tie it up to transom tie down U-bolt or ladder bracket to save the weekend if the actuator is stuck.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The actuator is shot. Doesn’t move just makes noise as if the gears inside are stripped.
Huh! That’s the first.
I would be very interested to hear the follow up.

How does your auto controller work, does it try to adjust constantly? Do you think that could cause excessive wear (in a small boat) especially in salt?

Mohamed Z Sherif

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Huh! That’s the first.
I would be very interested to hear the follow up.

How does your auto controller work, does it try to adjust constantly? Do you think that could cause excessive wear (in a small boat) especially in salt?

It doesn’t move excessive at all. It does pretty amazing job at keeping It level in pretty rough conditions. And It doesn’t move much unless someone on the boat moves. It’s pretty good and I’m actually amazed.
The boat stays in high and dry and i also back up pretty close to the beach to anchor.

They might of picked up the boat with them down which i doubt since they auto retract.
I might of backed up to much to the beach and didn’t let the boat float enough to rock with wakes and ppl going on and off

Right now my good side opens all the way to in order to keep the boat level but once it’s there It don’t move much after that. I’ll call tomorrow and get everything straighten out with them and keep you posted.
I really just wanna try to rebuild the internals without pulling the wires and the screws off the boat.