• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LED Colors on 2021 255XD

jgrushack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey! New jetboater here, recently picked up the black/green 255XD and love it. Used in Long Island NY

It is slightly confusing as to why Yamaha chose to light the interior with Blue LEDs and not green LEDs. (also, why they couldnt put in a white not blue cooler is beyond me, already replaced with a yeti tundra 35 (had to remove rubber feet))

My question is, looking at the Wet Sounds website, it seems you can choose the color of the LEDs (tho I may need one of their RBG Controllers?)- that would be cool for the speakers. Any way to turn the blue helm green?

thanks!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
For the cooler, you can fit a Yeti 45 and purchase the Yeti sliding feet - works wonderfully.

On the WetSounds you can set to whatever color you want during install without the controller. The controller lets you switch colors, without it stays one color.

I don't think you can switch colors of the helm lights. Probably would have to dis-assemble and redo.

CaptBran

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have the same question regarding LEDs. Blue lights clash with the lime green trim.

jgrushack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I have the same question regarding LEDs. Blue lights clash with the lime green trim.
ugh it's so frustrating. seems like such an easy fix

For the cooler, you can fit a Yeti 45 and purchase the Yeti sliding feet - works wonderfully.

On the WetSounds you can set to whatever color you want during install without the controller. The controller lets you switch colors, without it stays one color.

I don't think you can switch colors of the helm lights. Probably would have to dis-assemble and redo.
got the 35, and 3d printed feet - love it so far.

Regarding the wetsounds, they're preinstalled and it seems that the boat is not wired to add the controller. Might email wetsounds + yamaha and see if they have any solutions

Edit. The pre installed wetsounds are have 4 (Black Red Green Blue) wires but are connected to a 2 wire system ( Black Red) - the system is currently wired Black - Black and Red to Blue. This makes the leds Blue! So in order to change the colors, you would theoretically just need to move the red cable to the third (green) slot in the connector. I may try it out in the next few days.

CapBran, the helm lights may be wired in, I wonder if they are just blue and not RGB. will dig more

Last edited:

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hey! New jetboater here, recently picked up the black/green 255XD and love it. Used in Long Island NY

It is slightly confusing as to why Yamaha chose to light the interior with Blue LEDs and not green LEDs. (also, why they couldnt put in a white not blue cooler is beyond me, already replaced with a yeti tundra 35 (had to remove rubber feet))

My question is, looking at the Wet Sounds website, it seems you can choose the color of the LEDs (tho I may need one of their RBG Controllers?)- that would be cool for the speakers. Any way to turn the blue helm green?

thanks!
That's an interesting question indeed, I thought maybe it had something to do with Yamaha's original company logo, but it doesn't, ... History of Logo - About Us - Yamaha Corporation

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Anyone pull the dash apart to see what the LED is.