• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LED strips and/or pre-made cup holders recommendations.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm about to take the RGB LED upgrade plunge. My speakers (WetSounds) already have rings and I have the wetsounds controller so I'm going to start with adding cup holders, work my way to accents and see where that takes me.

First question: Cupholders. Rings that act as a spacer between cupholder and fiberglass VS inside the cup holder. Pro's / Con's. From what I'm reading is the spacer could be a bit 'direct'. If you go inside the cup holder is there any interference with cans/bottles etc?

Second question: Anyone have any experience with pre-made cup holders? I've found a few on amazon / ebay however not enough reviews to determine if they are quality. I figured I'd ask here.

3rd question: What are quality strips? SMD 5050? Somewhere last week I stumbled on a facebook post here or the other site where a guy was doing a comparison of strips and was showing how some turned yellow and others did not. I've looked and looked and can't find that again. :)

4th question: What did you use for adhesive. Either within the cupholder or as accent in the fiberglass. I notice some strips have adhesive. I hardly trust anything that is self adhesive.

Thanks in advance!

Chuckbig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am using WS8211 strips with a Bluetooth controller for my install. I want to be able to change colors depending on my mood. Mine came with silicone clips and small screws. I am in the process of removing my seat back coushins and mounting the lights just below the lowest points of the coushins, so they won't be visible when everything is back in place.
The strips are IP67 rated.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am using WS8211 strips with a Bluetooth controller for my install. I want to be able to change colors depending on my mood. Mine came with silicone clips and small screws. I am in the process of removing my seat back coushins and mounting the lights just below the lowest points of the coushins, so they won't be visible when everything is back in place.
The strips are IP67 rated.
What's WS8211? Is that the capability to have individually addressable LED's?

From what I can tell is; I wan't RGB, SMD5050 @ 300 per 5 meter. At least IP65 as i'm hearing others had issues getting the silicone off of IP68 to solder. It's really hard to tell the quality via Amazon / eBay compared to some of the leading websites. The cost goes from 10-30 per 5 m to 170 per 5m.

Chuckbig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What will you use to adjust the color of your LEDs, or are you going for white?

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What will you use to adjust the color of your LEDs, or are you going for white?
I have the wet sounds controller. (for now) Don't really need white.