• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

LED wiring

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i have searched and searched for some type of "T" connector for my LED wiring project but can't find one. How is every one wiring the strips in a continuous circuit. I bought the waterproof strips off superbrightled.com, but the 3 way connectors they sell are not compatible with the waterproof strips. Does anyone have a good tip for wiring a 3 way connection. It needs to be 4 contact due to my lights being RGB.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you looking for something like this? If so I found these on eBay by searching "3 way wire connector" & they come in any wire size you might need.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
i soldered all of mine and shrink wrapped

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm about to wire in some LED's as well, so I'm posting so I can follow this thread.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used T-Taps and tapped into the wires where I am running the wires off of...I essentially ran one strand of RGB 4 conductor wire around my boat and seperated the wires and connected the t-taps whenever I was running the wire to the RGBs. Worked out pretty well I think...Here is a pic of what I am referring to...

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I soldered too with liquid electrical tape.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
BUTT CONNECT haha. Tie them all in to a larger gauge butt connector. Always shrink wrap in marine applications.