• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

SWAG License Plate and Frame Now Available!

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
EDITED 5/21/2016 - USPS postage adjustment

EDITED 6/7/2015 - Price reduced to $8.75 plus $1 for personalization.
If you've placed an order at the higher price, PM me and we'll work something out!

Thanks to the initiative of @Speedling, we now have license plates AND license plate frames available for purchase.

Both products are sublimated aluminum and feature your choice of blue, red, or orange logo stars. You can personalize each of the items with your forum handle to make it easier for others to connect with you after they see your rig in the parking lot at the lake!

The frame is flat; it does not have dimensional edges to it - be careful using it in automated car washes.

Each item is custom made for $13 $8,75 with your handle added for $1. They will be shipped to you via USPS Express mail for $6 $6.45 - whatever fits in the envelop (usually two plates and/or frames).

Here's how to order:

1. Go to www.WearBrandMatters.com. Click the LOGIN button in the upper right.
  2. Enter "jetboater@wearbrandmatters.com" as the user id (case sensitive)
  3. Enter "JetThis" as the password (case sensitive)
  4. Add the items you want in the shopping cart
  5. Go through the checkout process (Visa, MasterCard preferred; Discover and AmEx accepted)
  6. Notice that the total will exclude sales tax (added for Ohio) and shipping ($6). Both will be applied to your order as required.
  7. After you receive your order confirmation, click My Account, then "Sign Out".
Your plates and/or frames will be produced within 48 hours (business hours) and shipped right away.

Message me privately with questions. Hope you guys have good weather and good boating this weekend!

Dave

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@David D, could you post pictures of what they look like?

Thanks

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I will try tondo that over the weekend. @Speedling posted the plate a couple days ago. In the meantime you can see them by logging into the site.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
ordered.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
BlueFrame.jpg BluePlate.jpg Here's a scan of the prototypes. The plate is available with a blue, red, or orange star. The frame is available in the same colors. Please note that this frame is a prototype -- we're making the logo on top a little large (the points of the stars go off the edge a little, but it's more readable). Also, the personalization at the bottom will be a little smaller to give the emphasis to the logo on top. @Murf'n'surf posted the art file from the website a couple posts ago -- it's a better representation of sizing on the frame.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would it be possible to get the license plate frame with with a black background and the URL at the bottom?

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@Bruce, we can do that. We have the art files. Just private message me and we'll get it taken care of.

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Would it be possible to get the license plate frame with with a black background and the URL at the bottom?
I was thinking the same thing, if a black frame can be done I want a couple.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I have our graphics folks put a black frame up on Monday.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to be clear, this is a "for profit" venture by @David D's company. Is that a true statement? The $20 each price tag seems pretty high to me.

It seems to me that we could do better on the price buying in bulk on the internet.

I hope that doesn't come off as rude, I'm not trying to offend anyone.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
The price is $13. There's $6 added to each order (1 plate or 5) for USPS express shipping (their one rate envelop). Yes, we make a small profit on each plate, but it's small and covers the time to personalize each plate, provide the website, process the credit card, and cover the equipment used to print each plate. Each plate is made to order with color and names added, if desired.

Yes, you could order 50 of the plates in a specific color and get them for a couple bucks less. Someone would have to manage the orders, process the cash, and charge you for shipping. @Speedling recommended that but there weren't many takers and no one wants to order plates they can't sell. So I offered this solution. Feel free to order- or not - based on the info available. I hope that doesn't come off as rude. I'm not trying to offend (or rip off) anyone.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Part of the problem is that I have to order in bulk to get a good discount (down to $6) but then if there was any flaws (I was noticing on several of the DIY online things that black jpgs weren't matching the black plates etc.) then I am out the money and have to start all over.
You just need a person on it to really look at it and take responsibility. I had 2 other places near me run prices. One was over $20 a plate, and the other was $15 but wouldn't do customized for each person's SN
So yes, you can certainly buy whatever you want, it's a free country. Just putting it out there for these!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
On most of our SWAG a member buys in bulk then passes the savings on to others. On all of our SWAG some manufacturer is making a profit. Doing a little searching online $13 + $6 shipping seems like a decent deal for small orders. Especially since we are able to pick custom colors. I would like to see some pictures of actual plates but am willing to take the $32 gamble for two frames to see how they turn out.

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce
@Speedling posted a picture of the red plate on the above thread. This following post has the most recent blue plate and the first prototype of the frame.
View attachment 22030 View attachment 22031 Here's a scan of the prototypes. The plate is available with a blue, red, or orange star. The frame is available in the same colors. Please note that this frame is a prototype -- we're making the logo on top a little large (the points of the stars go off the edge a little, but it's more readable). Also, the personalization at the bottom will be a little smaller to give the emphasis to the logo on top. @Murf'n'surf posted the art file from the website a couple posts ago -- it's a better representation of sizing on the frame.
Tomorrow we'll work on the black versions and post pictures of those and get them on the website.

THANKS everyone for your suggestions.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'd probably buy another one if they offered it with a black background instead of white (and then white text and maybe a white "shadow" behind the red star logo)

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
The black plates and frames are now available on the website.
upload_2015-5-18_18-56-53.pngupload_2015-5-18_18-57-22.png

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I edited my first post in this thread to update (reduce) the price on these plates and frames. Another thread had been started and found a good source at a better price than what my company was offering. The price is now $8.75 each -- add $1.00 for your @handle to be added. We are currently shipping USPS Express Mail for $6 -- I'll look at regular mail pricing this week - it may shave another buck or two off.

If you already ordered at the higher price, please PM me -- I'll work something out with you!!

See the first post for ordering instructions. Thanks to the constructive feedback of some of you, we now have black and white plates in three colors, along with frames -- and a lower price.

Please note: The frame is aluminum and flat ... other customers like it, but if you wanted a "structured" frame, this isn't it. Just wanted to be clear ...

By the way, was on the lake this weekend and surprised at how few people were out in Central Ohio for such a nice day. Graduations??

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
It's SPRING! Bumping this thread so new members are aware of the plate availability. I updated the original post with adjusted USPS Express shipping fee. Just a few notes:
  • you can order license plate frames or the full plate
  • you pick the background color (white or black) and the color of the JetBoaters.net star (red, blue, orange)
  • you can add your forum handle (e.g., @David D) for an extra buck per frame/plate
  • two plates/frames fit in a USPS Express envelope ($6.45) ... if you order more, we'll ship another method and let you know the shipping amount before your order is produced
  • plates often ship the same business day - next business day at the latest
  • my company makes a very small profit on these -- they're discounted for the group. We're basically covering the time of the folks who produce each plate and make about a buck
  • you won't see the shipping charge online - it's added by the accounting department before your credit card is processed
And a couple clarifications:
  • the frames and plates are aluminum and sublimation printed. I put a couple out over the winter and exposed them to sun, rain, snow - they still look great
  • the frames are flat - not structured - I can only print the flat ones
  • of course, the plates are flat as well
Dave