• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Life jackets for dogs

Dogs can and will drown. The Golden in my profile picture is an excellent swimmer, but I still put him in a life jacket when we're at a deep water anchorage. If we're backed up to a beach where he can swim over and stand, no jacket.

Oh he also gets one at the fuel dock where he seems to think its okay to jump it. Makes it easier to haul him back up on the dock :D

I suggest a life vest that will deter visits from unwanted people and possible pests. No one messes with a family with a pet shark.

20200421_144612.jpg

When do dogs need life jackets? Do they get hot in them? Do you have any experience or recommendations? Sorry I don’t have a better way of asking, I love my dogs & want to take them on the boat. One would be fine, the other is really clumsy. Lol.
I use ruff wear life jackets for both my German Shepards. They don’t actually need life vests but dogs use it to float around with us in the water since they’re getting old. They’re both active swimmers. It will give them less anxiety so they don’t have to peddle as hard and stay float

Back