• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lily Camera

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm close to sending these guys my money. This is exactly what I was looking for in a camera/drone. I'm no good at setting up shots and have no interest in photography other than recording memories. I also am not interested in spending time piloting a multi-copter.

Imagine the shots you can get with the boarder wearing the tracking device! It comes with a waterproof wrist band. Will do up to 25mph, plenty fast to keep up. 20 minutes of runtime, and no risk: Its fully waterproof and can even purposely land/takeoff in the water!

Its a new product from a start-up company founded by college kids. So risk of problems for early adopters I guess. But only $499 for the pre-order. Can you even get a GoPro package for that, even without a copter??

https://www.lily.camera/

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks pretty cool, but can you wait for it??? That's a long time to wait.....this whole category is evolving very quickly and so are the rules governing it.

When DJI announced the Phantom 3 recently, I was able to pick-up the Phantom 2 Vision for $599 since they are no longer selling that model. The built-in camera on the Vision is pretty darn good and I'll be replacing the single axis gimbal with a 2 axis I just got, can't wait. There is an app that will allow you to set the Phantom to "Follow me" and pre program flight planning for true autonomous flights.

Ronnie was the one who planted the bug when I saw his great videos - he showed me this recently:

https://www.airdog.com/#video-container

It's similar to the one you posted, but uses a Go Pro camera and cost a bit more. :cool:

motorboater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, good point about waiting. I wouldnt even see it until February, and no meaningful use for another year. Does the Phantom do any obstacle avoidance when running autonomously? Also seems like using it over water is a large pucker factor. How do you get around this?